GT40 set up and tfs

lincoln+ford

Jul 4, 2009
Okay ive got the gt40 heads and gt40 intake and tfs 1 cam.I was wondering if anyone cared to guess what i would run in a auto fox with 4:30's and a 3200stall.Was thinking of hitting it with a 100wet shot maybe a 150 but worried about the aod though.Trying to get car in the low 13's.

and i lied its alincoln mark VII weighs just a hair under 4k lbs with me in it and half tank of gas.Just waiting on mass air stuff to get it started and take it to the track.

• Sponsors (?)

with those 430's your gonna be high up ther with the rpm's to begin with.i couldnt imagine what it would be like if you sprayed it too.if it holds together low 13 should be a breeze.good luck phil

I have a similar combo.

4:10s, GT40P heads, stage 1 cam, stock converter and you can see everything else in my sig. All of this is in a full weight 93 GT vert.

I went 14.0s @100 NA and 12.72@109 with a 100 shot.

I know the 4:30's are a lil tall but i figure worse comes to worse im trying out the gearing right now with 17" rims.And if its to short i can always go with 18"s or a taller sidewall for the 17"s.Just ppl put 4:10's in these cars and even then alot wish they would of went with just a tad more gearing.

not trying to jack the thread but are you guy's happy with the gt 40 head ,intake and tfs-1 cam????????
i am currently doing the 40 swap and tfs cam and was wondering how that combo performed. i have a 90 gt w/ a t5 and 3.73's and was thing the tfs cam might do good.

I know the 4:30's are a lil tall but i figure worse comes to worse im trying out the gearing right now with 17" rims.And if its to short i can always go with 18"s or a taller sidewall for the 17"s.Just ppl put 4:10's in these cars and even then alot wish they would of went with just a tad more gearing.

With the 4:10s the nitrous shuts off pretty much right as I cross the traps. This is with a 255/50/R16 drag radial. 4:30s with my car would be too much.

yea 430's your gunna be outta gear on the bottle... my suggestion and it will help get it off the line also is go to a 28" et street or drag radial for the bottle and you should be able to come out with the foot to the wood on the bottle and it should help knock the gear down a good bit

What kind of rps would i ee with 4:30's with my aod with a17" rim with a 45 series side wall.around 45mph as thats the fastest ill drive "cruise".Almost thinking i should go with 4:10's seeing as im going to spray.But dont want the heavy pig to rely on the bottle to move out.

yea 430's your gunna be outta gear on the bottle... my suggestion and it will help get it off the line also is go to a 28" et street or drag radial for the bottle and you should be able to come out with the foot to the wood on the bottle and it should help knock the gear down a good bit

so run a 28" tire with 4:30's?

You should be ok with the 430. My 82 has a carbed 302, c4, 2500 rpm converter and BFG 15 in Drag Radials. It has plain iron GT40 heads, an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 600 vac sec Holley, and a 1987 Rhodes lifters 270 cam. It runs
12.90's at 105 with a 4.10 gear, and tachs about 6000+ by the factory tach, at the line, (I calculated all this, but don't remember it exactly right now). For the quarter, this is without spray except for the last part of third gear. I have more spray runs on 1/8 mile tracks.

I did figure that my 4.56 gear axle should be for 1/8 mile tracks only....

well does anyone know what id be at rpm wise with 4:30's at 45mph with a aod and said tire size 17" rim with a 40 series side wall.

Also with the gt40 heads do i use my 302 pushrods or do i use the explorer push rods?

well does anyone know what id be at rpm wise with 4:30's at 45mph with a aod and said tire size 17" rim with a 40 series side wall.

Also with the gt40 heads do i use my 302 pushrods or do i use the explorer push rods?

your stock pushrods "might" work but the only way to be sure is to measure with an adjustable pushrod checker and a solid lifter.