Gt40p

• Sponsors (?)

need more info on what's been done to them. Spring specs? Valve job?

You'll still need special headers for clearance, so add that to the price to run these as well

Last edited:
Hi, just looking for opinion. There is a craigslist ad with a pair of gt40p heads. I contacted the guy, he is wanting $450. I know machining isnt cheap but does that seem steep? Would I be better off with a china aluminum set for a few hundred more? I'll be building a budget 351w for my truck.
https://desmoines.craigslist.org/pts/d/mustang-parts/6373380774.html
What are your goals for your 351w truck build? Will these heads give you what you want? Somebody probably put at least a few hundred into these heads at a machine shop especially with the heads being converted to stud mount roller rockers. The fact that the holes are already drilled out for a 351w is a plus for you. You may need to change out the valve springs depending on what cam you'll be running.

It'll be tame, built around the heads. I have roller rockers. My buddy uses 90° plug wires...no problem. I was just curious if the price was decent because I've never had any heads done before. Thank you FoxMustang for reading the post. I'm going to call the guy and see what we can work out.

Reactions: 1 user
It'll be tame, built around the heads. I have roller rockers. My buddy uses 90° plug wires...no problem. I was just curious if the price was decent because I've never had any heads done before. Thank you FoxMustang for reading the post. I'm going to call the guy and see what we can work out.
Sounds like you have a decent plan and have done some research. I've read that many companies stopped making P specific headers and that many have had success with running 90* boots on 2 of the spark plugs. Also, cutting down a spark plug socket works for easier access on those two spark plugs too. What cam are you going to run?