GTech'd the SVO Today...

Stinger

Founding Member
Jul 7, 2001
Shawnee, KS
I'm unable to turn up the boost because it goes lean if I do but here is the results with the gillis turned all the way down to 9psi.

Prior to this I had a bob's log, hybrid, ported head, and K&N. Still had the stock exhaust even. In 50º weather I ran 15.8@86mph @ 9psi.

Now I removed the exhaust, added one of my headers, a FMIC, 35lb injectors on the stock computer, and a blow thru vam. In 95º weather I ran a [email protected] @ 9psi

It's still untuned and 9psi isn't even beginning to put that hybrid, FMIC, etc. to use so I'm pretty happy with the results. Should be fun when I crank up the boost

[Edit] I fixed a small problem today and now it's running richer...looks like I should be able to get a few psi out of it safely now...new times to come.

Track is open again on the 25th...I'll be there.

Stinger

• Sponsors (?)

do me a favor and plug in the Gtech, and hold it straight up and down. According the the Instructions it should read 1.00 but mine reads like - .7 or something like that. I wonder if mine is properly calibrated. What does yours read and Vertical? I havent had a chance to check mine against a track timer. To embarrased to run my slow ass car.

Dr.

Matt, I had my Gtech on at the track for 3 runs last month...I posted the results on TF.

Dr...I seem to have to calibrate mine all the time...just take the cover off and adjust the potentiometer until it reads 0.0 when level (set it on a level and adjust).

Stinger

Stinger said:
Matt, I had my Gtech on at the track for 3 runs last month...I posted the results on TF.
This was on the svo? I saw that but it didnt' mention the track so I wasn't sure.
How is it possible that you can run 35 lbs injectors? I thought they had 30 stock.
Does that blow thru Vam help with that any?
With those injectors why would it still run so lean?

My 84 ran a 15.91@ 85 lol I would be catching you it fit weren't for my MPH curse

Stinger said:

Dr...I seem to have to calibrate mine all the time...just take the cover off and adjust the potentiometer until it reads 0.0 when level (set it on a level and adjust).

Stinger

I did a few searches on there for that thread but couldn't find it...searched under your name, gtech, g-tech, g tech (bad idea...too many things with tech haha), etc, etc

can you post a link to it? I'd like to read that thread.

no wonder I couldn't find it. "gtech'd" grrr

edit: no, that's not what I'm looking for. He said he did three track runs last month

so I assumed this was a comparison post of his gtech readings vs. the actual track runs. not the same post as this just on TF....

or maybe I just read too deeply into this.

I'm wanting to see an actual comparison of track run times with gtech times etc etc

While I was at the track this weekend I ran the GTech a few times for the runs...here is the results of the GTech vs. track time:

Run 1: [email protected] Gtech: [email protected]
Run 2: [email protected] Gtech: [email protected]
Run 3: [email protected] Gtech: [email protected]

Differences:
1) +.3 and 3.5mph
2) +.5 and 1.0mph
3) +.3 and 1.4mph

Note these runs where in the 91 with the loss of power problem (I was faster than this last year at 13psi). The first run was a bad bog off the line so I think that's what threw the MPH off.

http://www.turboford.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=012454

140cilx...you don't believe me? I ran it like that 3 times at it was 93-94mph every time. We'll see how it runs for sure in a few weeks hopefully...I just destroyed the transmission...it's stuck in neutral. I hope it's a shift fork.

Stinger said:
While I was at the track this weekend I ran the GTech a few times for the runs...here is the results of the GTech vs. track time:

Run 1: [email protected] Gtech: [email protected]
Run 2: [email protected] Gtech: [email protected]
Run 3: [email protected] Gtech: [email protected]

Differences:
1) +.3 and 3.5mph
2) +.5 and 1.0mph
3) +.3 and 1.4mph

Note these runs where in the 91 with the loss of power problem (I was faster than this last year at 13psi). The first run was a bad bog off the line so I think that's what threw the MPH off.

http://www.turboford.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=012454

140cilx...you don't believe me? I ran it like that 3 times at it was 93-94mph every time. We'll see how it runs for sure in a few weeks hopefully...I just destroyed the transmission...it's stuck in neutral. I hope it's a shift fork.

what were your 1/8th for those runs?

Last year's setup: 13psi, 10º base timing, 91 Octane
60' 2.286
330' 6.306
1/8 9.582
mph 74.79
1000' 12.437
1/4 14.848
mph 93.43

This year's setup: 23psi, 15º base timing, 100 Octane
60' 2.247
330' 6.380
1/8 9.784
mph 72.83
1000' 12.703
1/4 15.178
mph 91.25

and still a higher mph than me.
I feel good seeing that I can run solid 14's.

Have you tried your valve springs?
I changed to a completely different cylinder head and it ran back-to-back identical times off the trailer as the previous week. I expect it to be something else.
My current approach (take it or leave it) has been to go back to as stock as possible so I have less variables. Whats funny is the car didn't slow down any when I made that jump. Plus its run faster "stock" than it has anytime.