Roush guess what car is on ebay again

S281SC#08

Aug 21, 2005
Clovis, NM
I do not think you guys will believe this I am realy getting tired of seeing this car on ebay, now if the owner was realy selling it then ok but these scamers need to get a life :bang: umm lets see the seller is not a registered user and he is asking 6,600 for it buy it know. I mean come on I have seen this car now listed from any where from 6k to 100k. maybe next time they will be giveing it away free on ebay what do you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

I noticed the car yesterday and tried to report it to ebay as a scam. The crazy thing is that their system wouldn't accept my report. It kept saying that there is no such auction number. I wonder how it keeps getting on the system?

eBay is one of those places that certainly seems to be a microcosm of the "caveat emptor" rule regarding capitalism.

The savvy consumer can find some great buys, but those less diligent can really get hosed.

I found my Saleen Cobra via eBay, but I also had the advantage of knowing about the vehicle via Mark @ PAS prior to its appearance on an eBay auction. I also didn't purchase it through eBay; instead contacting the listing dealer directly.

But there does seem to be a handful of Saleens that appear & reappear on eBay in a constant rotation of auctions that would make enthusiasts such as ourselves very suspicious about their providence. :bs:

Pre-approval Required
You must be pre-approved by the seller to participate in this listing. Contact the seller using Ask Seller a Question and ask to be added to the pre-approved list.

I was going to offer them an extra $100 to make sure to wash it before I come pick it up in person.

It's a scam just like (maybe) 1-5% are on Ebay. I've reported them through the live moderator option and within 24 hours an auction was pulled. Bottomline is "buyer beware" as stated by others here. I've sent e-mails to the sellers before and get the same story with a slight twist. It's called "Nigerian Scam" officially. Problem is unless you actually "buy" the product and get scammed, the feds can't do anything....no actual crime ocurred.