Guys with 1 5/8 MAC long tube headers post here

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
Do you guys who have 1 5/8 MAC long tube headers have tubes on headers tauching on a few places , I wanna know because I have some vibrations and I tryin find out from where that come from
Here is pics where tubes tauching each other

Attachments

• Tf92016a.jpg
    Tf92016a.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Sponsors (?)

I've had these long tubes installed since 1998 and have had no noise/friction problems at those points. If you have at least one bolt in each tube, that should be enough to prevent individual tube movement. Perhaps the headers are rubbing on another part or the rear of your cat-back is mis-aligned?? Hope this helps... :flag:

HELP!!!!!

JUST INSTALLED MY LONG-TUBES TODAY & THE COLECTOR THAT HOUSES THE 4 TUBES WASEN'T WELDED & HAS A MASSIVE LEAK.... NOW I PAYED MY TECH & HAVE A MASSIVE EXHAUST LEAK, MAC LONG TUBE'S ( CERAMIC COATED ) , MAC PRO-CHAMBER NO CATS & BORLA STINGER WHAT CAN I DO??

All of my individual tubes don't touch each other or anything else on the car. HOWEVER, my prochamber midpipe didn't fit well to the headers. The midpipe was narrower than the headers and I had to 'bend in' the headers to get them to fit into the prochamber.

Rick