Jan 10, 2019
California
Stand Up For Your Country and Your Freedom
20200703_121756.jpg

• Love
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Is the correct term "Captain'd"? I'm not sure. I'm just a staff guy now.

"Captain" is the title of a ship's commanding officer no matter his/her rank. "Commanded", "had command of", or "had shipname" is usually the past tense depending on those in the conversation and their familiarity with the Navy.

"Captain" is the title of a ship's commanding officer no matter his/her rank. "Commanded", "had command of", or "had shipname" is usually the past tense depending on those in the conversation and their familiarity with the Navy.
So by stating "had shipname" you're stating you commanded a ship in the past? That's such an odd phrase.

Reactions: 1 user
God bless this great country, our families and our Mustangs. I know it’s a little scary right now, but better days are ahead. Stay safe, stay healthy and be well. Happy 4th.

Reactions: 3 users
So by stating "had shipname" you're stating you commanded a ship in the past? That's such an odd phrase.

It is odd, but it is an abbreviated phrase usually among senior Navy to indicate background, usually to establish credibility for the speaker's point(s)..."I had PHILIPPINE SEA". Note that as Commanding Officer, one has actually signed for the ship (with the government) and is wholly responsible for the ship, all aboard, and any actions/activities thereof...so the CO actually does "have" the ship. Happy 4th!

Reactions: 1 users
If only my 90 were red instead of green, I'd be able to share a pic of my red, white and blue Mustangs.

Reactions: 1 user