HARMONIC BALANCER Questions? Mine spun.

Xtreme Limits

Founding Member
Nov 30, 2001
Hudson, Florida
Hey guys, my balancer went in my 90 5.0, for now im going to get one at a junk yard for $20 bucks, i wanted to know is my balancer a 50oz or 28oz?

Also what are the 2 best balancers and why, how much are they, and when i get my new motor next year or two i will be pushing 7500rpm+, and boosted, so i need a balancer that wont brake after a year or two?
are fluid dampeners, any good, they have no rubber band thing so they wont spin right? And weres the cheapest place to buy one, probley buying it in 2 months?
im porbley selling my 351w block and will be doing a 331 stroker with a dart block pushing 600-800hp, so will a 5.0 balancer work on a 331?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

your 90 5.0 is the 50oz. as far as the best goes its a matter of preferance there. the fluidampr model is nice do 2 it controls harmonics via an encased silicone fluid sealed hub that controls engine harmonics more effectively then your conventional balancer. but it is still better 2 just pay the extra 4 engine balanceing at a machine shop with a new conventional balancer. cost wise the balanceing is still a little cheaper than the price you'd spend on a fluidampr.
most stroker kits require the 28oz balancer also with corresponding flywheel.