Has anyone done the foglight mod on their fox? HELP

JH23

Nov 1, 2006
i followed the directions to a T...i mean exactly...i got everything hooked and tried my lights out...i turned the park lights on and the foglights came on....cool....then i turned on my low and high beams...foglights still on...even better :)....i turned my lights off...and the foglights was still on...WTH ?!?!.....then they went off....so i turned them back on and both foglights was on with the lights on...then my drivers side foglight went out ..... both bulbs in the foglights are new.....can anyone shed any light or help at all ?....is there another way to do it or what ?...i'm lost as heck

Jamie

• Sponsors (?)

What did you do exactly? When I did mine a few years ago on my GT all I did was install a 30A relay so that when I turned the switch on for the fog lights all that switch did was activate the relay to turn the fog lights on. This puts all the amperage through the relay and not through your headlight/foglight switch causing it to get hot and melt. Is this what you did?

Check the bulb on the light that went out: new bulbs can stil burn out. Since they are the halogen type bulbs, they get very hot and tend to crack. Avoid touching the glass with your bare hands, the grease and oil from your fingers can cause the bulb to break. Use a clean shop rag or paper towel to install the bulbs. This keeps the grease or oil from your hands from getting on the glass bulb.

How was the bulb checked? Up until the front clip, there's only one feed wire for both fog lights. A wiring issue at your relay would affect both fog lights equally.

For the latching relay, I'm not sure I caught which article you used for the upgrade. Any chance of it being an inductive feedback type of thing? When the circuit latches, if you disconnect the relay's positive coil wire (generally terminal 86 if the diagram is written conventionally), does the fog light go off?

Good luck.