• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

hatch quarter window trim

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jaym14
  • Start date Start date Feb 26, 2009

Jaym14

New Member
Jan 26, 2009
296
1
0
Long Island, N.Y.
Feb 26, 2009
#1
  • Feb 26, 2009
  • #1
The trim around my quarter windows is cracked and faded. Someone suggested I scuff them and spray them. Has anyone tried this? If I can find a pair in good condition are they easy to swap out? Late model sells a kit that works like a cover and attaches over the existing trim, anyone tried that?
 

89stang1

Stroked and Juiced
10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2008
730
234
74
nj
Feb 26, 2009
#2
  • Feb 26, 2009
  • #2
I have the type molding u glue over they been on for 4 years still looks great!!


 

allballsmustang

Member
Mar 31, 2005
174
0
16
Lehigh Valley, PA
Feb 26, 2009
#3
  • Feb 26, 2009
  • #3
yes, it can be done, just keep sanding/painting/sanding/painting... eventually it will fill in all those cracks and pitting you are speaking of... it works pretty well actually and it costs a fraction of replacement ones or even the covers...
 

Jaym14

New Member
Jan 26, 2009
296
1
0
Long Island, N.Y.
Feb 27, 2009
#4
  • Feb 27, 2009
  • #4
89stang1 said:
I have the type molding u glue over they been on for 4 years still looks great!!


Click to expand...

Thanks for the reply... and damm nice clean looking hatch u got there
 

89stang1

Stroked and Juiced
10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2008
730
234
74
nj
Feb 27, 2009
#5
  • Feb 27, 2009
  • #5
Thanks!!
 

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
1,409
69
79
Norman, Ok
Feb 27, 2009
#6
  • Feb 27, 2009
  • #6
I repaired mine during my repaint project. get a high build primer and lay it on THICK, sand it smooth, spray some more, sand, then if they still need more spray and sand again, otherwise lay some black trim paint on them and call it a day. I'll post pics later, I'm on my phone right now
 

Jaym14

New Member
Jan 26, 2009
296
1
0
Long Island, N.Y.
Feb 27, 2009
#7
  • Feb 27, 2009
  • #7
cenok is family said:
I repaired mine during my repaint project. get a high build primer and lay it on THICK, sand it smooth, spray some more, sand, then if they still need more spray and sand again, otherwise lay some black trim paint on them and call it a day. I'll post pics later, I'm on my phone right now
Click to expand...


thank you
 

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
1,409
69
79
Norman, Ok
Feb 27, 2009
#8
  • Feb 27, 2009
  • #8
ignore all the white stuff, it's body filler dust





 

dcurtis

10 Year Member
Jan 19, 2006
688
7
39
Feb 27, 2009
#9
  • Feb 27, 2009
  • #9
How do you remove the glass and molding from the car, I want to do mine, but I want to do them off of the car?
 

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
1,409
69
79
Norman, Ok
Feb 27, 2009
#10
  • Feb 27, 2009
  • #10
they're bolted on with 9 speed nuts per window as well as window caulk stuff. you have to remove the interior quarter panels to get to them.
 

Flavadave4

Active Member
Nov 28, 2003
1,044
21
49
Utica, NY
Feb 27, 2009
#11
  • Feb 27, 2009
  • #11
I did mine last summer and left them on the car...alot of work but they turned out pretty good for some sanding, filler primer and Duplicolor bumper trim paint.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Rear quarter window regulator
  • BADAZZOMBIE08
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
179
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Mar 29, 2026
BADAZZOMBIE08
B
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
351
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
340
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
Fox What do you guys think I should do with my quarter windows
  • AnthonyA1234
  • Sep 24, 2023
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
5K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 6, 2024
Mustang5L5
What's your tow rig?
  • LILCBRA
  • May 31, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
242
Other Auto Tech May 31, 2026
LILCBRA
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?