• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Hci Questions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lscam580
  • Start date Start date Aug 27, 2014
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

mikestang63

SN Certified Technician
Aug 27, 2012
11,606
8,859
214
In the garage
Aug 28, 2014
#21
  • Aug 28, 2014
  • #21
try doubling up the valve cover gaskets and/or clearencing the inside of the covers to provide more room for the rockers. I agree with Brian you are around the 300rwhp level.
 
Reactions: Lscam580
L

Lscam580

Active Member
Aug 27, 2014
119
18
28
Grand Rapids Mi
Aug 28, 2014
#22
  • Aug 28, 2014
  • #22
Thank you guys for all your help. If there is one place I can get true answers, I know I can always come to this forum. I like that you guys are keeping the fox world still in motion.

I'm feeling like a kid with a sugar rush as I work in my 87. The wife isn't liking me so much BC she thinks I'm more interested in the car. Lol I just tell her hard work pays a big reward.
I will keep you guys updated as I work on the car.
Once again thank all of you
 
L

Lscam580

Active Member
Aug 27, 2014
119
18
28
Grand Rapids Mi
Aug 31, 2014
#23
  • Aug 31, 2014
  • #23
Ok I finally got my project finished. Now there are a idle problem. The car starts and runs. Runs good and strong. But It wants to surge when I let it sit and run, it wants to rev up and down, then stalls. Starts right back up but then the surging starts all over again . Plz help I have no idea what to do
 
L

Lscam580

Active Member
Aug 27, 2014
119
18
28
Grand Rapids Mi
Aug 31, 2014
#24
  • Aug 31, 2014
  • #24
Ok I finally got my project finished. Now there are a idle problem. The car starts and runs. Runs good and strong. But It wants to surge when I let it sit and run, it wants to rev up and down, then stalls. Starts right back up but then the surging starts all over again . Plz help I have no idea what to do
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Aug 31, 2014
#25
  • Aug 31, 2014
  • #25
Sounds like a vacuum leak, but pull codes and run the surging idle check list.
 

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
15 Year Member
Dec 14, 2010
7,813
6,968
214
SW Houston
Sep 5, 2014
#26
  • Sep 5, 2014
  • #26
Just reading up on this, you said Callie's stroker crank? What is the displacement now?

If it's surging, you need to go through the surging idle checklist.
 
L

Lscam580

Active Member
Aug 27, 2014
119
18
28
Grand Rapids Mi
Sep 6, 2014
#27
  • Sep 6, 2014
  • #27
347
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
Persistent P0102 and limp mode
  • Godless
  • Oct 30, 2025
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
290
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Nov 11, 2025
Godless
G
S
Fuel ‘88 GT Runs Rich Cold — Fixes Itself When I Unplug Sensors (ECT, MAF, O2, etc.)
  • Sufarry
  • Nov 6, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
12
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 9, 2025
Mustang5L5
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
456
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
S
Engine Stalls when downshifting/coasting
  • Scott_S
  • Nov 5, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
832
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 6, 2025
Mustang5L5
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
355
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?