Head Gasket Help

Christian Cornwell

Aug 31, 2016
Upstate NY
So I know that there are a lot of threads devoted to this but I cant find anything that really answers what im asking.

I have a 94 V6 that I put a Vortech Supercharger on. The car is running on 6 PSI and has really good power. I finished installing the supercharger right before winter so the car sat in the garage for a while so i had some time to work on it. The first thing that i did was replace the head gaskets as advised by many people. The car made it 700 miles and guess what? It blew the new head gaskets. I remember someone telling me again that they made special head gaskets that were also copper or something that were supposed to be blow proof. I cant seem to find these anywhere. I checked supersix and a few other places that i though might have it but cant find it. Ive read what seems like every forum centered around this and i found one thread that said that the 99+ MLS gaskets were the best. I ordered up a set of these bad boys last night (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fel-26506pt/overview/make/ford) but just wanted to hear some opinions on if these are the right gaskets for my car or not.

If anyone knows a better gasket i will order those instead. Im just really looking for something that will hold up better. Im gonna have the heads decked to make sure that they aren't causing any issues and as i did last time im going to replace the head bolts again. Anything else that i should try to prolong these gaskets?

Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I agree those should be just fine for 6psi. However you'll definitely want to make sure your tune is up to the task (timing retarded, enough fuel, etc.) and consider an intercooler if you don't have one. Otherwise you'll blow head gaskets or worse very quickly. 700 miles is very little time to blow even a bargain head gasket if you installed it reasonably properly (which it sounds like you did, new bolts and all) so I'd be suspicious of the tune. You are running a tune right? And some fatter injectors / bigger fuel pump / etc?