Head Gasket replacement/cam install

zeke491

Nov 26, 2002
Hey everybody once again. It's Mustang Season in MN again and I've got to do some repairs. My Head Gasket is blown so when replacing they gasket I thought I'd make it a full HCI by replacing the stock cam also. Just so you know I didn't do my head swap.

Also, I have a TFS street heat intake and TFS TW heads. Do you guys think I should go for the TFS cam to go with it?

Do you guys have some tips and what to look out for?

Thanks in Advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Replacing the cam without doing the heads is a waste of time. The bottleneck is the exhaust ports on the stock heads. There are a few people who have gotten marginal increases by swapping to a different cam and used the stock heads. If you are on a budget, you can get a set of ported Thumper Performance stock heads for around $600.

Kurt

he said he has TFS heads^

yeah the TFS stage 1 or stage 2 cams would be perfect, its not that hard, get a good manual and it'll walk you through it step by step

edit- with 3.55 gears Id go with the stage 1

Thanks guys...I'll get the stage 1 TFS cam and a good manual....I'll check that out this afternoon.

Also, What kind of supporting cast should I have for this install?

My STOCK(I know should have upgraded awhile ago) injectors are already maxxed out. What upgrades do I need for this install. Fuel (pump, injectors) and air(MAF, throttle body), spark(different coil, spark box)?

Thanks,
Tom

24 or 30lbs injectors with matching MAF meter(70-80mm), 255lph pump. these need to be done asap, once you have more cash get 65 or 70mm TB and EGR, adjustable fuel pressure regulator.