Head Light Upgrade

Sarge261

Apr 25, 2013
Hey there folks,

Been away for a while, wasn't really sure if I wanted to keep my car, so I decided to try and sell it. Had someone that wanted to buy it but never came to get it after he left a deposit. So after many attempts to contact him to return his deposit or to deliver the car and get the balance he never returned calls or showed up to get the car, that was almost 9 months ago now so I guess I'm just going to keep it.

I like to pluck away at projects during the long cold winter and 1 of them on my hit list are to replace the yellowing head lamps and maybe upgrade the bulbs to LED. I'm wonder if there is a nice quality set of assemblies out there that you have experience with, even if you could post some pictures and any fitment issues. Id love to find a set of NOS ones but you all know how that goes.

Also looking into a 5 lug conversion and maybe some 93 Cobra wheels to go with it.

Thanks,

Sarge

• Sponsors (?)

Any of the sets from the major restoration companies should be about the same. I have a smoked set I got from LRS about 8 years ago that's still holding up great. My car is garaged however, so it's protected from UV.

Good deal,

My car spends its life in the garage as well so UV shouldn't be an issue ever again. To be honest the issue with the lights on the car now is it looks like they may have leaked at some point in its life and the PO tried to put silicone around them and it looks terrible. They are a little yellow, but I could almost deal with that, the silicone...not so much.

Any chance you could snap me a picture of your front end so I can see the smokes lenses?

Sarge

Sure. I never drive in the rain either so no idea on how well they seal

Hood is popped in first picture
32095bf7afdc65beeedf724b8a02dfe1.jpg

537f2dce2f5172725938d0c0d14476b8.jpg

894fc20a65ad49fb9b40b037b4123b58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: