Header clearance issues

Currently on a weekend exhaust project thats taking me 3 weeks. I had issues a lot of issues so far, but hoping this is the last one. I have these bbk shorty headers and i cant get on without it either touching the shaft for the steering and the k member. Has anyone ever had an issue like that. I was thinking maybe motor mount issue, but i don't want to keep throwing money at it.

• Sponsors (?)

It’s a known issue with the BBK 1515 headers. I’ve heard of 3-4 folks with this issue in the past month.

Current batch of then welded incorrectly. Contact BBK or the vendor you purchased from.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
It’s a known issue with the BBK 1515 headers. I’ve heard of 3-4 folks with this issue in the past month.

Current batch of then welded incorrectly. Contact BBK or the vendor you purchased from.
Good to know. I have another set of shorty headers that arent bbk, but i have no where to put my dipstick tube. Unless i find a way to pass a dipstick tube through them, ill have to wait for different headers or use my stock ones for now.

Good to know. I have another set of shorty headers that arent bbk, but i have no where to put my dipstick tube. Unless i find a way to pass a dipstick tube through them, ill have to wait for different headers or use my stock ones for now.
I have Bassani equal-length shorties on my ‘86. There’s almost no clearance agains the passenger-side panels, but it’s never made a sound. No issues with the steering shaft. My dipstick goes between the tubes.

Bill