Headers and Cold Air Intake

• Sponsors (?)

I would have to say maybe a little above 20 or so..the headers might give you 12-14 and the cold air intake could give you as much as 10-12. Obviously I'd buy the best of both to be sure that you're paying for the power you want. MAC headers or Hedman work really well. As far as air intakes go K&N FIPK Gen II or even MAC makes one too. :rolleyes:

I've got the MAC intake, and I love it. Works well, and looks good (nice and shiny :)). I couldn't really give you any info on a performance increase, and the gears, tlock, and the intake were all put on at the same time.

20hp from a CAI and headers on a v6? No way. Not even at the flywheel.
CAI's are mostly for looks, and on a v6 are only good for a couple hp at best. Headers will be a nice bolt on for a couple hp as well, but to expect 20 hp from them is crazy. You will be LUCKY to get 6-8 hp, which is not a bad gain btw. The addition of shorty headers on a near stock GT has be proven to net gains of 5-6 hp.

What makes you guys think he is gonna see over twice that amount on a bolt-on v6? :rolleyes:

We are not talking about longtubes on an 03-04 cobra here.

I'd be suprised if you noticed any difference at all. The headers won't do anything probably on your near stock v6. You have to have a good amount of mods done to the engine, not just bolt ons, to notice a difference from headers for power. As for the intake, I noticed no difference with mine, looks nice and makes a nice wooshing sound. Maybe I got 1 or 2 hp but I sure can't feel it. It's an ebay CAI by the way. I'd say total, headers and intake, maybe 3-4 hp.

tack said:
I'd be suprised if you noticed any difference at all. The headers won't do anything probably on your near stock v6. You have to have a good amount of mods done to the engine, not just bolt ons, to notice a difference from headers for power. As for the intake, I noticed no difference with mine, looks nice and makes a nice wooshing sound. Maybe I got 1 or 2 hp but I sure can't feel it. It's an ebay CAI by the way. I'd say total, headers and intake, maybe 3-4 hp.
^^^^ He speeketh the truth ^^^^ You'll get a few more out of the intake if matched with true dual exhaust. Letting the entire system breath better both in AND out is a good thing!

tack said:

I don't know about an E-gay CAI but the K&N FIPK for the 2000+ V6 is dynoed at 6.7 RWHP. Not a bad gain on stock engine and exhaust (not duals or tru-duals)

worked v6 said:
I don't know about an E-gay CAI but the K&N FIPK for the 2000+ V6 is dynoed at 6.7 RWHP. Not a bad gain on stock engine and exhaust (not duals or tru-duals)

True, thats what K&N dyno'd it at, but you won't see 6-7 rwhp in real situations.

K&N dyno'd my FIPK at 12.98 RWHP @ 4801 RPM. :bs: There is NO WAY it added 13 rwhp, and I didn't expect it to. I expected a cheap 4-5 hp, and a cleaned-up engine bay, which I got.

I'm sure they had the hood up indoors, cool fans going, and compared it to a dirty filter element, as well as many other things to pad thier numbers to better market thier product when it was "tested."

Scott_95GT said:
True, thats what K&N dyno'd it at, but you won't see 6-7 rwhp in real situations.

K&N dyno'd my FIPK at 12.98 RWHP @ 4801 RPM. :bs: There is NO WAY it added 13 rwhp, and I didn't expect it to. I expected a cheap 4-5 hp, and a cleaned-up engine bay, which I got.

I'm sure they had the hood up indoors, cool fans going, and compared it to a dirty filter element, as well as many other things to pad thier numbers to better market thier product when it was "tested."

Did you dyno your car afterward? Eitherway 5 RWHP isn't a bad number from just a CAI... which technically the FIPK isn't, it's more of a short-ram intake (doesn't go into the fenderwell). BTW how much is it to dyno your car, 50 bucks or so?