• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Headlight covers

  • Thread starter Thread starter apats77
  • Start date Start date Oct 4, 2011

apats77

Member
May 2, 2011
178
1
18
Watertown, MA
Oct 4, 2011
#1
  • Oct 4, 2011
  • #1
any idea where I can get a pair of smoke headlight covers (under $40) for my 98 GT?

Or even a tint kit?
 

Maxpowers

Member
Sep 9, 2009
859
2
19
Pittsburgh, Pa
Oct 4, 2011
#2
  • Oct 4, 2011
  • #2
Stay away from the covers. They are a PAIN to take on and off. I have a set for mine that I don't use anymore. There's a clip that goes under the headlight and between the painted bumper. It's too close for comfort as far as scratching the paint is concerned. Not worth it IMO.
 

apats77

Member
May 2, 2011
178
1
18
Watertown, MA
Oct 4, 2011
#3
  • Oct 4, 2011
  • #3
all i needed to hear on that one. Ever used tint? I really like the way the darker headlights look but I cant afford buying smoked lights.
 

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
1,343
33
69
Oct 4, 2011
#4
  • Oct 4, 2011
  • #4
apats77 said:
all i needed to hear on that one. Ever used tint? I really like the way the darker headlights look but I cant afford buying smoked lights.
Click to expand...

To tint them you will want the tint on the inside, usually tinting is only done on the taillights for this reason. For the fronts its basically like painting them with a combo of clear and something else (I am not a paint professional but just clear will not smoke them obviously).

I would advise you to either save up some funds for new ones espically if yours now are oxidized at all OR find someone local who smokes them.
 

Maxpowers

Member
Sep 9, 2009
859
2
19
Pittsburgh, Pa
Oct 6, 2011
#5
  • Oct 6, 2011
  • #5
I bought a cheap set off eBay that do not have the amber corners. If you go this route, make sure you seal them better than how they come. After market ones tend to leak.

Tinting them is done by mixing black paint and clear. It looks ok, but I'd rather have a new set.
 

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,469
19
68
Nevada
Oct 7, 2011
#6
  • Oct 7, 2011
  • #6
I have an old set of GTS covers. You can find them easily. PM if you want them.
 

apats77

Member
May 2, 2011
178
1
18
Watertown, MA
Oct 9, 2011
#7
  • Oct 9, 2011
  • #7
just sent you one
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical Headlight Harness Route
  • dan50
  • May 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
86
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 3, 2026
dan50
M
Need help!
  • Masonevans726
  • Dec 17, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
278
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 17, 2025
Masonevans726
M
M
Electrical lights
  • Magnet86
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
231
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 14, 2026
Magnet86
M
TPs sensors different?
  • Creomod
  • Sep 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
379
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 11, 2026
DadLife0724
2
Resolved Electrical mayhem
  • 2000ElectricGreen
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
385
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 4, 2026
2000ElectricGreen
2
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?