Headlight suggestion...

I just bought a re-production part from ebay. Just got the ones with the smoked lenses instead of the Chrome like on my 99 and your 00. 100 for the pair shipped, look great, and still Mustang worthy.

LittlePonyGirl said:
Can anyone suggest what ype of aftermarket headlights look best on mustangs? I have a 2000 silver v6 mustang, and the headlights are cloudy and need to be replaced, I'm just not sure what would look good.

Thanks!
Before you go out and spend $150-300 on a new set of headlights try this:
WET sand them w/1000 or higher grit WET sandpaper(they will come out white-fogged) , after you do that use a metal polish paste (BLUE MAGIC works good $4-6 at any Auto parts store), at Home Depot you can buy a BUFFER machine for $20( RYOBI-unless you want to do it by hand which is a PAIN in the BUTT) buff them realy good and they will be like NEW. You can always buy new headlights but try this first and if it doesn`t work go ahead and buy new ones

what is it with the 2000 mustang lights? mine are quite cloudy, tried buffing them with polish, but I'll try the wet sandpaper and metal polish. I don't recall if smoked headlights were legal in Texas.

Smoked headlights should be legal nationwide. Tinted headlight covers will have some legal restrictions because they actually decrease the light output.

I got smoked headlights and put silverstar bulbs in....now they're brighter than my original lights

Ok, I read the law. It just states a car must have 2 headlamps, one on each side. The side marker MUST reflect amber and turn signals must be a color between white and amber or between red and amber. So I guess smoked is possible, but I'll go the cheap route.

Ok, I just Buffed my Headlights today......They were somewhat Fogged. I couldn`t find a 1000+ grit wet sandpaper so went w/600(did see some scratches after that) So if anybody is trying this use 1000+wet sandpaper.
After I wet sanded them used BLUEMAGIC metal polish......came out MUCH MUCH better don`t have any pics now to post but they are almost like NEW and it seems like there is a film on the inside as well don`t think I`m gonna clean the inside though it seems like PAIN IN THE BUTT.....So I figured I JUST SAVED ABOUT 150 BUCKS FOR NOW BUT WILL BUY NEW ONES VERY SOON, I am gonna go w/smoked since the Car is YELLOW