Headlight Switch

Newps

Jan 25, 2009
I am going to install a GT grille in my V6. One option is to replace the headlight switch that comes with the V6 with the GT switch. Question: Is there any time you can't use the foglights because the design of the switch prevents it? For example if the headlights are on high beam the fogs go off. I am going to put driving lights in there instead of the fogs so I want to be able to use the driving lights any time I want.

• Sponsors (?)

Is it a GT grille or GT style? A GT grille requires modification to fit a V6. Do you have a Pony Package V6? If not, you do not have fog light wiring and will need to run a harness.

I understand all the nuts and bolts about the proper size grille and the wiring harness. That's not the problem. My question is with the GT headlight switch itself. Can I always turn on the fog lights regardless of which other lights are on?

To answer your question, the GT will not allow the fogs to be on when the high beams are on. They can only be on when the parking lights or low beams are on. If you have not gotten the GT grill already I have one that I would like to sell.

OK, thanks. I'll stay with my separate switch for the fogs as I want to replace them with driving lights anyways and want them to be on with the high beams.