Headlights question

Jguy1964

Jul 26, 2006
Maryland
I have a general question concerning the headlights on my 2006 Mustang GT. I have noticed that when I get in my car and start it, even during the day, that as soon as I release the emergency brake, my headlights come on. They are not full strength like they are when I actually turn on my lights. They are about half strength. Is this normal? If I enable the emergency brake, they go out. I never noticed this when I first bought the car in July. The headlights stay on like this the entire time of me driving it until I park it and enable the brake again. I had some work done on the body (some butt ran into me on the highway changing lanes 5 days after I bought it) and about 2 weeks ago or so my keyless entry fobs stopped working so I had to take it back in and they had to "re-program" them or the computer, not sure which they were referring to. They said that that the body shop must have disconnected something and they basically ran out? Have you ever heard of this? In any event, they work now but the headlights are always on until I park and put my brake on again? I do not think I am going nuts but who knows. If this is how it is supposed to be please tell me. Thanks. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

I purchased the car in Maryland. I never noticed this before but then again, it was always light out but now with the time change it is dark in the morning when I leave and dark when I get home. No biggie I guess. - Can these daytime running lights be disabled?