headlights...

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
i know no ebay links but i need new headlights... and my hids always looked weird in the normail headlights. Do you think bixenon hids would go good in these???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...380010055597QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQtcZphoto

Old lights: 5.3k hids... now have a 6k kit however my 5.3ks kept falling out of the lock ring and melted my headlights... stangmods sent me a new kit.

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01134-1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm also unsure of this.

I've been waiting a while for a good aftermarket solution to the not so great lighting that our cars come with.

The only vehicle I'm spoiled with HID lighting on is my motorcycle, and I'm absolutely sold on it.

I don't want to spend a whole ton of money buying 'real' projectors and retrofitting them into the headlight housings.

You'll have to let me know if you decide to buy these how the projectors work with the HID's.

I'm totally sold on the HID projectors in my Murano, they light-up the road ridiculously well on low-beams, and turn night into day with the high-beams :eek:
If the projectors you listed really turn-out to be suitable for HID's, I may end-up going that route for the 'stang :nice: They should have that little adjustable shutter behind the lens that creates the nice crisp line at the top of the light (no annoying glare).
Be a man, try them for the team :D

i used to have those (smoked version) and the projector produced a nice, charp cut-off line. of course, this was w/ silverstar bulbs -- don't know how it'll look w/ HID's, but it's certainly better than just putting them in a stock housing.

got rid of them because they had an un-smoked line all around the housing -- looked like ass. those chrome ones don't look bad at all.

Subscribing as well, I've always been curious if these headlights with the retrofit HIDs would work well or not, I really would like better lighting, but lack the custom work skills needed to make some of the nicer DIY setups we're seen here.

i used to have those (smoked version) and the projector produced a nice, charp cut-off line. of course, this was w/ silverstar bulbs -- don't know how it'll look w/ HID's, but it's certainly better than just putting them in a stock housing.

got rid of them because they had an un-smoked line all around the housing -- looked like ass. those chrome ones don't look bad at all.

do they have a seprate bulb for high and low???

if you wanted to use these housings to fit the HID kit, don't forget you would need to get new 9006/9005 separate high/low beam style xenon bulbs instead of the 9007 high/low-in-1-bulb you have in the stock housing.

Hey Adam, while we're on this, and you have the HIDs, could you take a night time picture of the lights up against a wall or something, it would be nice to see just how bad the glare/cutoff is with HIDs and our stock style headlamps.