headrest/shoulder restraints

NormD

New Member
Jul 8, 2006
27
0
0
Any recommendations for quality seats with headrest. Also, anyone have any solutions for adding shoulder restrain seat belts on 64 1/2 mustang. My inlaws just had bad accident and suddenly I am looking for a better solution than lap belts.
thanks, norm
 
There are many options for seats with headrests. At the most basic end of the spectrum, National Parts Depot (and probably others) sells an add-on headrest that fits your stock low-back seats. However, a better upgrade that lots of people have done is probably to find a set of seats out of a newer Mustang and retrofit them to your stock seat bases. I installed a pair of leather 2001 Mustang GT seats (before I went nuts and installed Recaros). It was a simple matter of drilling a couple of holes into the 2001 seat bases, and bolting on the '65 seat tracks. There are virtually infinite variations on this basic theme - hit the search button and do a little research. Three-point seat belt kits are also available from a variety of sources. I've got the one that National Parts Depot sells and it installed without a fuss - there are certainly others available as well. The search button is your friend.

- Andy