Heater/AC Rebuild

What is the best information/documentation on the A/C and heater rebuild in my 67?

Basically the car came with factory indash air and I have bought the vacuum line kit, 67 Vacuum diagram, heater seal kit and heater core so far. Everything under the dash is still untoched( so I think) and since I have a serpentine setup on my 351 I already have the compressor attached.
I will also be replacing the condenser and dryer. What else do I need to replace? Expansion valves, Evaporator???

I have called the aftermarket AC companies and since my car had AC from the factory their units will not work.

The local Mustang restoration shop wanted 2K to do the work and that does not include running and filling the AC lines???
I have been told this job is a nightmare and was wondering if anyone else has done this and if there are any helpful hints on the project.

• Sponsors (?)

$2,000!!!
I was going to have my mustang shop do the workt too... maybe I will do it myself. I had a mechanic friend that changed a heater core in my 69 Cougar XR-7. He charged me $150----he said he should have charged me 3 times that amount. It took him almost a day and a half!

I had mine redone by a shop, nowhere near 2000. I spent less than a grand including a new compressor, evaporator, condensor, lines, etc. For a detailed scematic contact american mustang 916-635-7271. They were nice enough to fax me the entire printout for the heater/factory air system.