Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Anyone see this? Thought?

37AFA09B-0DD3-448A-A597-2E22F6DD071B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

The door handles havent quite set in with me yet. They're just flat metal, no shape at all. It works, but I like the feel of a bit of a lip underneath. I think they could have the flat surface with a bit of shape underneath for your fingers to "grab."

• Agree
I need to experience the handles in person.

Would prefer if there was a trim black option for them. I feel like most will want to go that route anyway

• Agree
I would like to see someone make a set of those door handles that [fills] the entire door-handle recess and is spring-hinged at the bottom to [push in] and allow you to pull the top [handle] to open the door.

As for the door above: I like it. Bet wit would easily modify to fit pre-87 too.

Nevermind: I see they have them for the other years too.

Last edited:
That heater box and console cover kit is pretty neat but, at $175 I think I'd rather make my own. A couple of pieces of 1/8" ABS plastic cut to size, a few black wafer head screws and a couple of pieces of Velcro to mount it and you're done!

Not a fan of the door handles...at all. To me they are like euro tail lights or the one piece headlights. I have a feeling 5 years from now you will see posts saying things like what is now said about the euro's. But dont forget, years back the euros and one peice headlights were very popular. If you like them, cool. If you don't, cool too. This is just my opinion.

• Agree
I'd rather use ranger door handles if I want them to be body color and kinda flush. Dont have yo worry about them scratching paint either.

Screenshot_20221213_110500_Chrome.jpg

Not a fan of the door handles...at all. To me they are like euro tail lights or the one piece headlights. I have a feeling 5 years from now you will see posts saying things like what is now said about the euro's. But dont forget, years back the euros and one peice headlights were very popular. If you like them, cool. If you don't, cool too. This is just my opinion.

From what I can see, installing them requires drilling out the rivet holes to use bolts. That makes me wonder if this is reversible.

If the fad fades and you want to go back to OE style handles, you might not be able to without a little hackery of how they get mounted

You can rivet the old or original style handles back on, you just need the rivet gun that can handle the large rivets.

The install directions have you drilling out the old rivet holes larger to use hardware. I don't know what size to see if the stock handles can be reattached with rivets or riv nuts in the future, or if you are stuck using hardware as well