Hello Stangnet! Again.

slow5poh

Senior Citizen
Jul 6, 2005
Citrus Heights, CA
Hello everyone I have not been on here since about 2006 when I sold my 1992 Gt. I just bought a 1998 Gt. I'm happy to have a mustang again. I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to put a kill switch on my 98 since I have to park it outside. I know J Richker did a good write up on the 5.0 Fox cars some time ago. I did a search but did not turn up much. Not sure where the fuel pump relay is on this car. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Manual or auto?

An easy way may be to tap the neutral safety circuit. Then the motor won't crank. It runs in the general area and is easy to cut into.

The car comes standard with PATS anti-theft. Why do you feel the need for more protection?

I have worked in GM dealerships for along time and I know some of their 1990-2000 anti theft measures did not work all that well, I was not sure about Ford's. I guess I'm a bit paranoid from past experiences with my 1992 Gt, which was broken into twice. They would have stolen it if not for the switch I put in. Maybe The new Stang has better features. Thanks for the neutral safety tip tho.