help a modular newb out!

hey guys... im going fi (centri) somewhere in the future but im on a budget. i was wondering if i can go ahead and do some of the upgrades now as money permits. can i go ahead and upgrade the maf (was thinking 90mm lightning) now and install it, before i get injectors? cuz im not sure what supercharger route im going in and dont want to waste money on wrong size injectors. i have an sct x-cal 2 by the way. also, is it ok to upgrade the fuel pump with a basically stock set-up? thanks.......

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, you can go ahead and upgrade to the Lightning MAF meter now, but you're also going to have reflash the ECU with proper transfer function in order to make it work. I'd also look into a Throttle body, upper plenum, exhaust and gear mods to make the post of your soon to be new found Centrifugal power.

You can do the MAF (but make sure you select that in your Xcal), get 42lb injectors (you will need a special tune for them cuz there isnt an option in Xcal for that big), TB, plenum, exhaust, gears. Dont get CAI or pulleys as they wont work w/ sc. Also, if you have the money, blower cams and heads for the s/c.

yeah i got most of the bolt-on bonanza..x-pipe, flowmasters, k&n fipk, sportlines, mm cc plates, 4:10's, pulleys....blah. but damn these things are S L O W! time to get serious and im just trying to build a good foundation for future mods. ie., headers, cams...then fi

chances are, your x pipe wont work with the new headers unless it is cut and welded. What brand is it? If I were you, I would look into getting that power to the ground. 350-400rwhp+4.10's+street tires= wheel spin. Id invest a little in suspension

you can still work on getting the power to the ground while retaining your springs. With that power, chances are pretty high that you are going to be spinning a lot. Your car will be much faster by simply hooking up better.

A MAF change and all that BS is going to offer minimal gains. I wouldn't waste you money on that stuff right now. Save every penny for the supercharger because you will need it. The supercharger itself will give you huge gains. I made 414 on a Cobra with 8lbs, stock TB, stock MAF, 42lb injectors with no FMU, 255lph in tank, 255lph in line, pump gas....been running perfect for 4 years outrunning many things on the street..even my Dads 07 GT500!!!

A MAF change and all that BS is going to offer minimal gains. I wouldn't waste you money on that stuff right now. Save every penny for the supercharger because you will need it. The supercharger itself will give you huge gains. I made 414 on a Cobra with 8lbs, stock TB, stock MAF, 42lb injectors with no FMU, 255lph in tank, 255lph in line, pump gas....been running perfect for 4 years outrunning many things on the street..even my Dads 07 GT500!!!
2V vs. 4V = Totally different animals. Although I agree that the blower itself will provide the best bang in any case, supporting intake and exhaust mods on a 2V will take you quite a ways towards making up the difference between the two engines. That same 7psi you’re snorting through your Cobra engine will likely only put down 330-350rwhp on your average PI headed 2V without them.