Help ASAP Fuel Pump Constant Prime Fan Always on! Hissin?

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Someone point me in the right direction... this is how my day ended... i switched back to the stock maf and uploaded the cobra tune and the car idled for a while i cut it off and when i went and turned the key to the on position the fuel pump primed.... didnt stop priming and i noticed the fan was on...

Hissin im sure you know what pins and wires to check. I probably messed something up when i extended/ hid wires... but it wasnt doing this before.

gonna work on it tomorrow am

• Sponsors (?)

You have a TwEECer, right? Make sure that you have the right strategy selected (CBAZA) after uploading the tune. Also make sure that it's fully seated on the J3 port on your computer. Aside from that, I'm sure JT will be along shortly, but this should get you started anyway. :nice:

Sounds like a corrupt tune. Try reloading the tune

Its a moates QH

I tryed reloading a different tune same thing...

I started with the stock cobra tune (J4J1)... jumped to the dirtydirty cobra tune... thats after trying to start 2 times it started and idled for a bit.. then i cut it off and the problem started next start up... i tried to go back to the stock cobra tune and same thing...

I also have to find out how to change what tune im writing to the QH... its always saying writing tune 5. And i dont know exactly what its reading... i probably should read the starting guide but dont have MS word on this comp and my install disk is at my house 2hours away (just reformatted)

I just think its wiring related because the whole car has been torn apart.

No change. I deleted everything on the QH it had a bunch of AL9 files on it. i uploaded

T4MO

J4J1

Dirty Dirty J4J1

And a custom tune i made...

Still doing the same things.... fan on... pump continues to prime...

Here's more I found.

* Report this post

Re: QH Installed-fuel pump runs continuously-engine won't st

New postby cgrey8 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:24 am
The QH and TwEECer both will do this if you don't have a tune written to them before you connect them to the EEC. Basically they are serving up static or garbage as data to the EEC without a tune.

Also try loading the same tune to all positions.

I use twEECer so I don't know anything about QH. Are you using the QH software or Binary Editor?

Here's more I found.

* Report this post

Re: QH Installed-fuel pump runs continuously-engine won't st

New postby cgrey8 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:24 am
The QH and TwEECer both will do this if you don't have a tune written to them before you connect them to the EEC. Basically they are serving up static or garbage as data to the EEC without a tune.

Also try loading the same tune to all positions.

I use twEECer so I don't know anything about QH. Are you using the QH software or Binary Editor?

Thanks but again no dice... i cleaned the contacts again... sanded them and wiped them down... still the same thing... even made sure a tune was loaded before connecting... :shrug:

Im using binary editor

When i turn the QH to mode 0 in BE (Factory tune) it acts normal.

I changed it back to mode 2 and the dirty dirty j4j1 tune and its working normally but i still cant get the dashboard to work.... so i dont know

usually the fan / pump constantly running thing means the computer does not like the tune that is loaded on it.

i use tweecer and it has a setting that tells it what strategy it is working with. i can't tell you what to do with QH, but i bet QH has something similar. go to eectuning.org, that is a great resource for self tuners