HELP - Can't get upper intake cover off

I'm trying to get the upper intake cover off to get to the 2 middle intake bolts - replacing leaky injectors. I've got the 2 passenger side torque screws but the driver side won't come loose. I've broken 2 torque drivers on one of the screws.

Got them soaking in penetrating oil. Any other clues as how to get these off?

Ned
 
Impact driver. You can get one at most parts stores. You'll also need 3/8 inch drive apex holder and a dozen or so (just to be sure) correct size torx apex bits.

Soak em soak em soak em soak em.... put the impact driver with the torx bit on and smack it with a hammer. Works every time. :)
 
heat them with a torch but don't let it melt the plate, then throw some water on the bolt, this will contract it fast and maybe loosen it up. you don't have to throw water on them though if you don't wanna.
 
I used heat, my impact driver and a also a nut driver with a big hammer. The Result was 2 broken torx bits and a nice buise on my hand. The last resort was to break the plate. Hope nobody else has to go that far.
 
the heat and/or impact idea sounds good to me (i might use the PB and impact first). be sure to dress the fasteners upon reinstall. good luck.
 
i broke the bit off in the bolt, so there was no more hole left for the tool.

**** it. I put a big flathead screwdriver under it and pryed the sucker up, and snapped it off. After it broke off, the bolts were loose. you don't need the plate for functionality. Break it off, replace it