Help!!! Car stalls when i Pop the clutch

When i pop the clutch at idle i get a small cherp and then my car will die :bang: or it will die down real low and then regain power :bs: . But the tires won't break loss for *****. the only way the tires will break loss is if i were to rev up and then pop the clutch. Any mustang should be able to break the tires loss with out even tring let alone a car with 3.55's. What could be the problem with my car :shrug: . HElp me regain my bottom in!!!!!!!!!
everyone has misunderstood what im am saying :notnice: when i pop the clutch i punch it to WOT at the same time and thats when i bog out. Im not a dumb ass, think about the question before you reply :bang: :nonono: :notnice: :nonono: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

the answer is: dont pop the clutch from idle.

seriously: are you giving it a bunch of throttle just as it engages?
i dont get it. if i were to dump the clutch from idle w/o a bit of throttle, it would die. now if i give it gas just at engagement, i get a nice burnout from about 1500.
so maybe i dont get what you are saying.....

yelbigbirdlow said:
When i pop the clutch at idle i get a small cherp and then my car will die :bang: or it will die down real low and then regain power :bs: . But the tires won't break loss for *****. the only way the tires will break loss is if i were to rev up and then pop the clutch. Any mustang should be able to break the tires loss with out even tring let alone a car with 3.55's. What could be the problem with my car :shrug: . HElp me regain my bottom in!!!!!!!!!

Learn how to drive!

I also have a question for you guys. When I shift into 5th at 30 MPH and mash the throttle I bog down. What's wrong with my car?

yeah...i dont think there is but maybe two cars that would do anything but die if you just dumped the clutch at idle.....one of them being a viper, but im sure it would also die. learn how to drive and than come complain about something wrong with your car

shttygtstang said:
is your maf hooked up corectly ive had that problem with other cars were it wont even move

did you read his post? has anyone ever heard of a car that smokes the tires like this joker wants to when you dump the clutch at idle? maybe if you had a funny car buddy. get a new car

yeah man, give it some gas and they try it. There is no way in hell it's going to beak em' loose if you just dump the clutch w/ the car idling. I think the problem is the driver.......not the car.

yep, the edit does not help, IMHO.
what are you trying to say? for instance: 'when i let the clutch out at idle or close to idle (like when leaving a stop light while driving normally), once the clutch is out and im at about 1500 rpm, when i mash the gas, it does not break loose.'
is that what you are talkin about?

this above-statement makes sense to me (though probably not others. LOL). the car should do this. i would guess you have cooked or glazed your clutch. does it slip? i dont see how it could bog from a WOT clutch drop, no matter how fast your clutch foot is. if your clutch was slipping it should not bog. but since we are having trouble understanding what you mean, i ask.

have you pulled codes yet? how is the car running otherwise?

yelbigbirdlow said:
(Do you understand what im saying)

i could be wrong, but that seems a little rude (if it wasnt intended as such, then i apologize); it is hard to tell from a screen. i tried to be tactful when answering you both times, so lets be nice. i never addressed whether i thought you could drive or not.

for what it is worth, i dotn think many of us understood what you were talkin about. then goin back and editing the original post days later did not clear it up.

you are askin us for help, not the other way around.

again, have you pulled codes? from what i gather, you have an engine management issue, not necessarily a clutch/drivetrain problem. pulling codes would help - if it is as bad off as you say it is, a code should come up. we need something to work with - we are not sitting there with you.

good luck.

what im trying to say is my car won't launch from idle anymore(as if im at the tracks doing a fast take off). ive always been able to launch in my 5.0 before but now i can't. i have a loose motor mount do you think the motor could be jumping when i launch causing me to bog (even though im giving it gas)