Help! Does anybody know what this is?

I went to move our 68 Coupe in the garage and found this laying on the floor, would have been from drivers side, I think up in the area of the engine compartment. Does anybody know what this is? I have no clue:shrug:

It looks like a shim of some sort, the edges are clean, so it doesn't look like it broke off from anything. Last time we drove it there were no problems.

If it stops raining we will take it out for a test drive.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC01133.JPG
    DSC01133.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Sponsors (?)

If it's like a foam material, it probably came from the cowl. When I removed the cowl panel in my 69 there was a similar piece pressed on to the inner cowl to support the outer. Typically there is one on each side, I found the missing one down in the driver side of the cowl at the bottom, clogging up my cowl drain. Yours may have fallen out on its own somehow.

chillininnh said:
If it's like a foam material, it probably came from the cowl. When I removed the cowl panel in my 69 there was a similar piece pressed on to the inner cowl to support the outer. Typically there is one on each side, I found the missing one down in the driver side of the cowl at the bottom, clogging up my cowl drain. Yours may have fallen out on its own somehow.

chillininnh said:

It is steel. About 1/8 inch thick.
Finding parts on the floor is one thing, but then when you can't identify them is even worse!