HELP!!! GT500/Saleen Extreme Fuel System Swap

Feshdogg

Jun 18, 2008
Hey guys, I am killing myself trying to figure out what is wrong with my installation. Tonight is the 3rd straight night working on my GT500/Saleen Fuel System swap. It seems like I am not getting power to the pump itself somehow.

My car is a 2008 Bullitt in CA, completely stock.

I haven't check my wires with a voltmeter just yet, but me and my brother have checked and double-checked all the wiring on the harnesses, etc. The Fuel Pump Relay itself is fine as we swapped it with the Horn Relay since they are identical. We also checked the Inertia Switch which cuts off fuel in an accident. If the Inertia Switch is triggered, how difficult would it be to press down on it to reset it? We tried pushing as hard as we both could and it didn't click or anything.

What is the best possibility of what is wrong? Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

HELP!!! Thanks!

Steve

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know too much, but if you're talking about the Saleen Dual Fuel Pump Kit, the Saleen kit includes a fuel pump harness and involves cutting and jumping some wires.

There's a 9-page installation PDF from Saleen that I'd be happy to send you if you PM me your e-mail address.

I don't know too much, but if you're talking about the Saleen Dual Fuel Pump Kit, the Saleen kit includes a fuel pump harness and involves cutting and jumping some wires.

There's a 9-page installation PDF from Saleen that I'd be happy to send you if you PM me your e-mail address.

Yup, I've had that manual for 2 days now. Everything is to the 'T'.

OK, I figured out what went wrong. The wiring instructions were very ambiguous and I am in no way an 'expert' with electrical systems. Even with an engineering degree, I wasn't able to do it right the first time. I just follow instructions the way they are written.

If you take a look at the attached file and go to page 27, you will notice that Operation 10, 20, and 30 tell you to locate two wires and to cut one of them. Then it says to 'crimp the 2 wires'. Well, I crimped 2 wires but there were now 3 wires since I split one of them. So, I obviously did not include what I would call the '3rd wire.'

Obviously if you are an expert with electrical systems then it probably would have been obvious to you what to do and you would make certain assumptions from the installation instructions from Saleen. If you ask me, the Ford Racing GT500 Kit looks more straightforward. Less splicing, etc.

I hope this helps anyone who is having the same 'no power' problem with the 'Saleen Kit'. See HELP!!! GT500/Saleen Extreme Fuel System Swap - WWW.S197FORUM.COM for links to download both instructions.

Steve

Glad you got it working!

In Saleen's defense, it's really a technical document and not a "consumer" document, but I hear what you're saying.

Thanks for the update!