Help ID wires and blinker problem

Hey all, need your help!! I just finished an aod to TKO swap and now my blinkers won't work. Researched all the common probs, flashers are good, wires are tight in the back of the flasher switch, ign switch seems good, blower motor works, etc. Not sure if it's something as simple as an unhooked wire, these have "appeared" hanging under the dash and for the life of me I can't find where they go. Any ideas??

DSC03974.jpg

DSC03975.jpg

DSC03976.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

White - rear window defrost control relay
Black - looks like the connector for the shift lock actuator (push brake pedal before shifting into gear) used in the auto.

None of these should affect blinkers. Checked fuses? Make sure you check the correct flasher (not the one in the fuse box).

Can't see the little gray connector well enough to ID.

Any idea why the black colored one AND the white one would have a purple/orange wire to it? According to this diagram it's the on the #5 fused blinker circuit? I also pulled apart the flasher assembly, the purple/orange wire also shows up in the lower (smaller) plug. Pulled apart the switch and there's no contacts in it?? It's empty!! Strange??

Mustang-86-Lighting-Diagram.gif