Help identify some of these parts please...

I need some help with identifying some of these parts that go on a Mustang. Any idea what the black pieces are to the left ? I know everything on the right...

I will save the smartasses some trouble...I recognize that's a steering wheel... :rlaugh: :rlaugh:. They look like door parts...but I'd like to ask the experts.

Attachments

• e0_1_b.jpg
    e0_1_b.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Sponsors (?)

The tan thing on the right is a carboard box......the grey stuff it's sitting on is concrete......

:rlaugh: :lol: :D :banana: :spot:
Looks like the black stuff on the left are 3 front window regulators, 2 rear window regulators, and the grille/latch support.

1320stang said:
The tan thing on the right is a carboard box......the grey stuff it's sitting on is concrete......

Ok...I didn't see the concrete one coming...LMAO...you got me with that one.
The blue thing (NOT THE DISTRIBUTOR CAP) ? no idea on that one either. Any idea if the parts are from a 65-66 ? or 67-68 ?. Just trying to get a feel for what this stuff might be worth

ford70t said:
Are you the one that out bid me on these things? BTW the black thing below the cardboard box is a seatbelt. :p

I don't know if I outbid you or not...lol...I just need a few pieces out of the lot actually, but it was cheaper to buy them this way. The guy wants $28.00 to ship everything which I thought was kinda high...but hey...

It appears to be a 66 mustang due to the rtri-bar chrome side scope (66) and the rear light bezels (65-66). the other long blue thing looks like a stone deflector which is just behind the bumper between the bumper and radiator. Pretty common stuff that can be purchased new from vendors pretty cheap

66moneypit said:
I don't know if I outbid you or not...lol...I just need a few pieces out of the lot actually, but it was cheaper to buy them this way. The guy wants $28.00 to ship everything which I thought was kinda high...but hey...

me too...willing to take the quarter panel emblems, seatbelt and possible some of the window parts if you are interested, when you get the stuff.

ford70t said:
me too...willing to take the quarter panel emblems, seatbelt and possible some of the window parts if you are interested, when you get the stuff.

I have some seatbelts that are parchment if you want them. I have to find them though. They might not be worth saving...lol. I know they are original

I see what looks to be the leading chrome edge of a hood, a master brake cylinder, gravel guard, backup light chrome, windshield wiper, hood latch support, window regulators, non mustang coolant overflow (atleast not 65-66 original) possibly a battery tray, taillight bucket and chrome. 66 mustang chrome side bars, pony corral and what might be speaker grilles in the box.

The blue thing is a stone deflector for a '65 '66. It looks original and is far better than the new repops. The hood latch (I still can't quite see if it's there or not) is probably a '66 since it appears everything else is and will not support a '65 grill. The corral also will not work on a '65 grill. Most everything else should be interchangable.

a.vannoy said:
I see what looks to be the leading chrome edge of a hood, a master brake cylinder, gravel guard, backup light chrome, windshield wiper, hood latch support, window regulators, non mustang coolant overflow (atleast not 65-66 original) possibly a battery tray, taillight bucket and chrome. 66 mustang chrome side bars, pony corral and what might be speaker grilles in the box.

Damn you're good.... :nice: I appreciate everyone's input.

Okay, I see:

1 RH door regulator

2 LH door regulators

2 quarter window regulators (I'm assuming one of each)

1 grille brace (still can't tell about the latch)

1 aftermarket overflow jug w/ hose

1 stone deflector (blue) off a '65-'66 Mustang

1 pair of '65-'66 tail light bezels

1 pair of quarter panel scoop ornaments for a '66

1 "fruit jar" master cylinder

1 distributor cap

1 tail light bucket (maybe two stacked nested like)

1 chrome back-up light bezel

1 grille corral

1 doorlatch or trunk latch (next to the corral)

1 hood lip trim for a '65-'66

1 front bumperette (fangs hanging down from bumper)

1 steering wheel

1 seatbelt, male end

I can't figure out what the black thing is that the lower quarter panel ornament's 3 "fingers" are pointing to. I think it's too big to be a valve cover breather and too small for a pulley. And I don't know what's hanging "on to" the top edge of it.

From the door/trunk latch, there's something laying in front of it and some sort of rod leading towards the end of the hood lip trim. If that's a door latch, you can assume the rod is the canvas covered one going to the door handle. I can't figure out what's laying in front of it though, It's kind of "L" shaped with the upper part shading itself.

In the box, it's hard to say, I think I see door handles or window cranks and maybe the other door latch without the rod. I don't know what the red circular thing is, it's about the size of the amber front turn signal lens.

There's some sort of wires hanging out of the box with what looks to be a flat plug on the end. The box itself looks tilted up, like it's sitting on something. The box appears to be about 16"x10"x6". The concrete looks fairly rough, yet not very old. It's not too stained. The white pipe looks almost like a column, I'm guessing this location is somewhere north and east of me in Oklahoma, maybe a basement with a garage door?

1320stang said:
Okay, I see:

1 RH door regulator

2 LH door regulators

2 quarter window regulators (I'm assuming one of each)

1 grille brace (still can't tell about the latch)

1 aftermarket overflow jug w/ hose

1 stone deflector (blue) off a '65-'66 Mustang

1 pair of '65-'66 tail light bezels

1 pair of quarter panel scoop ornaments for a '66

1 "fruit jar" master cylinder

1 distributor cap

1 tail light bucket (maybe two stacked nested like)

1 chrome back-up light bezel

1 grille corral

1 doorlatch or trunk latch (next to the corral)

1 hood lip trim for a '65-'66

1 front bumperette (fangs hanging down from bumper)

1 steering wheel

1 seatbelt, male end

I can't figure out what the black thing is that the lower quarter panel ornament's 3 "fingers" are pointing to. I think it's too big to be a valve cover breather and too small for a pulley. And I don't know what's hanging "on to" the top edge of it.

From the door/trunk latch, there's something laying in front of it and some sort of rod leading towards the end of the hood lip trim. If that's a door latch, you can assume the rod is the canvas covered one going to the door handle. I can't figure out what's laying in front of it though, It's kind of "L" shaped with the upper part shading itself.

In the box, it's hard to say, I think I see door handles or window cranks and maybe the other door latch without the rod. I don't know what the red circular thing is, it's about the size of the amber front turn signal lens.

There's some sort of wires hanging out of the box with what looks to be a flat plug on the end. The box itself looks tilted up, like it's sitting on something. The box appears to be about 16"x10"x6". The concrete looks fairly rough, yet not very old. It's not too stained. The white pipe looks almost like a column, I'm guessing this location is somewhere north and east of me in Oklahoma, maybe a basement with a garage door?

And the "Matlock of the Year" goes to 1320stang..... thanks for playing :nice:

1320stang said:
...I can't figure out what the black thing is that the lower quarter panel ornament's 3 "fingers" are pointing to. I think it's too big to be a valve cover breather and too small for a pulley....

could be the horn, a lot of other bits are 'front end'. Could also be the backing bucket for the turn indicators/backup lights.

1320stang said:

That looks to me like a distributor cap for a 6-cylinder

1320stang said:

That "rod" seems like it is part of a windshield wiper arm (under the hood lip trim), unless I'm seeing it wrong.

emutt said:
That looks to me like a distributor cap for a 6-cylinder

I think your right, I see the "nubs" on the top for the wires.

emutt said:
That "rod" seems like it is part of a windshield wiper arm (under the hood lip trim), unless I'm seeing it wrong.

Again, I think your right, it's not a bumperette, its the wiper arm and the rod looking thing is the end that the blade goes on, minus the blade.

emutt said:
And the "Matlock of the Year" goes to 1320stang..... thanks for playing :nice:

I love watching any of the CSI shows, I was going more for MSI - Mustang Scene Investigator. :rlaugh:

Although that is a crime, red interior with blue exterior? :shrug: :nono: