Help Identifying Mystery Wire

jerryvo

Jul 8, 2017
Can someone help me identify this wire. 2016 mustang gt/cs purchased used less than a month ago. Just found this wire frayed and sticking up on the rear right side. Removed the trim panel and it goes to a small piece of plastic with a metal rivet. Pulled off the same panel on the driver side and found the same wire frayed just as bad but it is taped down nicely to the body.

2nZsBN4Rjax49QwJeFBGUsg4ovkBOn3sra_8W3NYA2rvTxoVnU5hZpSvqjiQ?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

iVOr9BSSQir5iHjVwt9v6YX5AALkS3RGLM6AEuvCesnVqRUCYk1PxFZP5V9g?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

-KEcEtRrrtPa_9D_EgE7Vp2d_KE8lv2wT8yBU3MQWSbwKKyw05tx6i0xMtWA?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

That wire is for the sensor that prevents the top from going up while you have the plastic covers installed. There is a small magnet on the covers that lines up with the sensor and when it's in place it completes the circuit and will not let the top go up. Since yours is broken, I'm guessing you don't have the covers either.

I do have the covers... where does the frayed end of that wire connect to. Perhaps I can reconnect it. If it is not too much to ask could you take a picture of yours for me.