Help Me Decide: H&R Springs OR JLT Cold Air Intake?

What should I get?

• H&R Supersport Convertible Springs

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • JLT Cold Air Intake

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Save your money for when your engine blows

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • [enter your response below]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

topless98gt

Adhesive Feces
Mar 31, 2005
Arlington, TX
Hi guys, just have a few bucks to spend, and since these two products are around the same price I was wondering which I should get first.

The H&R Supersport Convertible Springs or the JLT Cold Air Intake?

I have about $600 to spend this week, so any other suggestions will be appreciated.

I already have:

FRPP 3.73s
Sequentials
Reflective Bumper Inserts
Black Bullitt Wheels (18x9 front, 18x10 back)
BFGoodrich KDW IIs (255 front, 295 back)
Bassani O/R X Pipe
Magnaflow Magnapack Catback

And that's about it :(

• Sponsors (?)

Well, if you get the H&R SS springs, you'll need some CC plates too for proper alignment.

If I you're set on lowering it, I'd get either:

1. Springs and CC plates and an alignment.
2. Springs, CC plates and LCA's and alignment if you can afford it at the same time. May as well do LCA's since you'll have the rear apart at the same time, assuming you're doing the install.

But beware, you'll need new shocks/struts soon. CAI's are pretty much ornamental IMO (although they do give a few HP).

My vote goes to the springs, and I'm sure most will agree.

Only thing with the springs is I have heard that with the springs, you pretty much need to do struts/shocks also, plus you will need the CC plates. All of those plus an alignment can add up to a nice hefty bill just to get the car a little lower and to handle a little better. I will say you get a great benefit, but to do it right, you cant just get the springs. It is for this reason my car is still riding on stock suspension.

Well, if you get the H&R SS springs, you'll need some CC plates too for proper alignment.

If I you're set on lowering it, I'd get either:

1. Springs and CC plates and an alignment.
2. Springs, CC plates and LCA's and alignment if you can afford it at the same time. May as well do LCA's since you'll have the rear apart at the same time, assuming you're doing the install.

But beware, you'll need new shocks/struts soon. CAI's are pretty much ornamental IMO (although they do give a few HP).
I have KYB struts up front. I got these with my alignment, last April (2006). Do I need something different, or can I just upgrade the rear?

1) Which CC plates should I get?
2) Which struts/shocks are good?
3) Which LCAs should I get?
4) Should I do UCAs at the same time?
5) If doing that all, why don't I just rebuild the suspension from the ground up?

If #5, then can you please provide me with ALL that I need to buy (money doesn't matter, I'll save it for a FULL suspension!!!)? Thanks!!!

I will more than likely be doing the install myself. I need the experience.

Get the springs and a nice set of C/C plates (Maximum Motorsports). Then maybe some spacers cause your rear wheels will look too inset.

WildfireWheelSpacer.jpg

Caster-Camber-Plates-1-800.jpg

Attachments

• WildfireWheelSpacer.jpg
    WildfireWheelSpacer.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Caster-Camber-Plates-1-800.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 86
I think I got shocks, springs, and CC plates for about 600.

A word of warning though... The H&R vert springs drop significantly more than the coupe springs (see their website). The front of my car was far too low to be practical. I got fed up with grounding out and replaced them with Roush springs. Much better now.

Get the springs and a nice set of C/C plates (Maximum Motorsports). Then maybe some spacers cause your rear wheels will look too inset.

WildfireWheelSpacer.jpg

Sweet! Thanks for the pics and advice. I have 18x10's, so I'd only need a 1/2" spacer to make it perfectly flush I think.

Also -- do the CC plates replace the strut mounts?

I think I got shocks, springs, and CC plates for about 600.

A word of warning though... The H&R vert springs drop significantly more than the coupe springs (see their website). The front of my car was far too low to be practical. I got fed up with grounding out and replaced them with Roush springs. Much better now.
You don't understand how tall my front is right now, but you're probably right. I will see what happens...I am looking to lower it about 2". H&Rs lower the front 1.9", just what I want :)

Attachments

• WildfireWheelSpacer.jpg
    WildfireWheelSpacer.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Caster-Camber-Plates-1-800.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 85
Sweet! Thanks for the pics and advice. I have 18x10's, so I'd only need a 1/2" spacer to make it perfectly flush I think.

Also -- do the CC plates replace the strut mounts?

You don't understand how tall my front is right now, but you're probably right. I will see what happens...I am looking to lower it about 2". H&Rs lower the front 1.9", just what I want :)

Super Sport Spring V8 40 2.0 1.6 51658-77 $ 349.00 Kit

They say 2.0" drop for the vert springs. I got more than that. I still have them sitting here like new. I cant have done more than 3k on them. See if you can get hold of the rear springs only, and I'll sell you the fronts wicked wicked cheap.