• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Help needed - Cranks, no Start

  • Thread starter Thread starter sleeping93coupe
  • Start date Start date Nov 30, 2025
S

sleeping93coupe

New Member
Nov 30, 2025
2
0
1
Florida
Nov 30, 2025
#1
  • Nov 30, 2025
  • #1
Out of the blue in September, went out to drive and the car would just crank, no fuel pump noise. Ordered a new fuel pump replaced still just cranks no pump. Replaced relay

Searched Google found the no start check list went through it determined it might be the computer. Checked the computer found a bad capacitor went ahead and replaced all three. To no avail just cranks

Now when I replaced the relays I found that if I flick or tap the relay the fuel pump will kick on. No injector pulse or start (does fire with starting fluid)

My questions are
Could I be missing a signal wire to the computer?

I'm aware I'm new to the forum but Is there anyone near Ocala FL with a 87-93 5 speed computer I could use to test?
 

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
3,026
1,658
163
nevada
Nov 30, 2025
#2
  • Nov 30, 2025
  • #2
At this point in your ecu 's life should send it to ECU exchange and get it checked and fixed .
 
Reactions: Noobz347 and gkomo
S

sleeping93coupe

New Member
Nov 30, 2025
2
0
1
Florida
Nov 30, 2025
#3
  • Nov 30, 2025
  • #3
Thank you, I'll look into that
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,394
21,600
234
Box behind Walmart
Nov 30, 2025
#4
  • Nov 30, 2025
  • #4
Yeah, it turns out that more than just caps can fail after 30 years.
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,160
4,253
183
Claremore, OK
Nov 30, 2025
#5
  • Nov 30, 2025
  • #5
Are you sure the wires in the fuel pump relay are all making good contact? Just asking due to you stating “Now when I replaced the relays I found that if I flick or tap the relay the fuel pump will kick on”.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
92 5.0 almost starts
  • Steverino
  • Sep 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
162
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 25, 2026
General karthief
Fox won't crank over and fuel pump won't kick on.
  • djj62478
  • Jun 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
516
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 11, 2026
General karthief
1990 Mustang with no-start condition - Fixed and how-to
  • TTSaleen
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
160
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 22, 2026
TTSaleen
A
1987 5.0 speed density Foxbody crank no start
  • Alan2204
  • May 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
464
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 30, 2026
Mcmahst
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
539
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?