Help needed with Mystery problem

cardude

Founding Member
Apr 20, 2000
Portland, OR
I am having a problem where when my 66 mustang is warm and has been running a little while it start bogging down like a fuel or eletrical issue andI need some help.

background:
car has 302 V8 (about 600 miles on rebuild) 3 spd manual
Fuel side: new fuel tank, fuel line (down passenger side), summit 14psi electric pump at the tank, edelbrock 600CFM carb, edelbrock RPM intake, comp cams big cam (dont have specs). all new
Electrical: 720 CC battery, power master 130A one wire (volt reg disconnected), 8mm wires, (tried three different dizzies) currently stock with crane XR-i module. all new

Symptoms:once car has been run for a while (warm) it starts to bog down and dies, kind of a waaawaaaa like its lacking fuel or spark.... the strange thing is it will do it for a while and sometimes will go away after a long struggle trying to limp the car to somewhere safe.

the car runs great cold, and I have changed everything minus the ignition switch. this has been plaguing me for years now and I need to start driving the car as a daily driver.

help me please

• Sponsors (?)

i fully agree with lowering the fuel pressure. for the edelbrock it needs to be below 6psi, in fact it should be between 4.5-5.5psi ideally.

as to the ignition coil, it could be overheating, and when that happens it will cause issues like the one you have now.