Help on the exhaust please.

Lotion

Oct 30, 2008
Rockford Illinois
I had purchased a set of pypes 304 stainless i think they were called. Basically straight pipes from AM. Very pleased with the sound and everything love them.
Ofcourse wanting to move to stingers once i get enough funds together for them.

The problem i am having is i am too anal and there is a slight imperfection when it comes to alignment. I have gotten my ass under there to fix it to no prevail. I have asked everyone i know and they have no idea ( no surprise there). I had a post last year around christmas when i purchased the pipes and someone said the hardest thing is to align the two lol.

Anyways going to post some pictures. If anyone knows anything i can try please let me know. I do notice on the driver side pipe there is a different looking bracket with some kind of guard on the top. I am wondering if maybe i should change that out with a different type or not.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

Most of the time you can fix the alignment of the exhaust tips by bending the hangers on the mufflers themselves. You may have to remove the cat-backs off the car to bend the hangers enough to do it though. Spend a couple hours fussing with it and you should be able to get it just right.

if its not perfect, i wouldnt worry about it. as long its not touching anything or getting any vibrations, its good. this is a ford after all, not an italian sports car. ive seen stock exhaust that doesnt line up perfectly.

wow I've seen most times the left side being down too far then the right. That's what happens to my car. I move the tip and then it loosens itself down to whatever position it's comfortable with. I gave up on it.