Roush HELP PLEASE... Anyone with info on 96-394 (saleen book)

• Sponsors (?)

The car is a scam so I wont be picking that one up. It was a deal that was one of those "too good to be true" things. Its amazing what some internet searching will pull up...

Thanks for the help tho.

Scam how?

Be sure to buy a Book so you can perform due diligence ahead of time. It's a smart investment.

Then confirm with Pati at Team Saleen with the full Ford VIN, year and production number.

Scam how?

Be sure to buy a Book so you can perform due diligence ahead of time. It's a smart investment.

Then confirm with Pati at Team Saleen with the full Ford VIN, year and production number.

The car is real. 96 Saleen #394. Rio Red vert, black interior, silver graphics and wheels. Only option is 3.55 gears.

The scam is that I found the car on autotrader. It was located in Los Angeles so about 400 miles from me. It looked like a legit ad but the price was $6500 and it only had 30K miles. Emailed him, 5 days later he emailed me back saying he had just moved to FL because his wife is from there and her parents are really sick and they had to be there for them. Then went on to say that he worked in the military and could arrange a flatbed to drive it out to me at no charge. It kept on getting fishier as time went by... He got mad when I said I had a friend out there and wanted to come look at the car, he stated that he was busy and didnt have time to meet up. Eventually he sent me a Carfax Buy IT Now email which looked legit but was a fake set up wanting me to send money to carfax, they hold onto it as a 3rd party and then when all the terms are met, the money is dispersed. I gave up a while ago, had a friend email him also and he sent the same damn email to him too lol.

Did other research on the net and actually found the car was sold on ebay for 12 or 14K to a gentelman in PA. I found and talked to the guy that had owned it (steve) and he was very nice and helpful. He said he was the 2nd owner and he was the one that sold it on ebay to a Saleen collector. All the autotrader pics were his so it was funny. Anyways, thats the most of it.... too much to get involved. Just goes to show as the saying is.... If its too good to be true it probably is...