help purchased part never received!!!

ktgray

Oct 7, 2004
katy
I am new at all of this. My daughter will be driving soon. She wants her first car to be a 67 mustang. I bought a project and we have been working on restoring it together. Wanted it on the road by her birthday 12/15. I joined these websites to get advice and parts etc... and the people have been so helpful. Its been great.... I bought lots of parts that I needed from the members. Parts show up fast and in great condition. But there is always one that screws it up and then you remember you cant trust people. I am a sheriff in Texas and I don’t usually trust people, it was easy to forget about dishonest when on this site.............

I purchased on 9/23 the following items from 67stangvert

windshield
brakes
weather strip
arm rest
piller post molding
steering wheel
seatbelts
visors

I received the brakes and the windshield. NOTHING ELSE. I have received emails.. This one on 11/12 after he gave me a tracking number that was NO GOOD

Thank you for your email. My husband, Al, was taken back in for surgery on his leg this morning. He mentioned that you would either be calling or emailing. I am hoping to have him home soon. He tried to do too much at once with the partially torn tissue in his hamstring and completely tore the tendon. The doctor has his leg completely immobilized and his movement will be limited. He should be home over the weekend if not on Monday. I will try to check up on the tracking numbers for you. He asked me to make sure he gave you the right one and to check on it with Fedex Ground.
I apologize for him for the delays. His shipping is never this far behind. I will be sure to be on him or my brother in law to check on it.
Thank you for your patience,

then this one on 11/17

My wife has my cell phone at work with her and she has told me that she has recieved 8 calls from a private number, your number and another 281 number since 8:00am this morning. She cannot receive calls as she is a teacher.

Recovery is going well. However, I am in the postion to no longer wait for the better parts I ordered for you to come in as the last set that I ordered did not come in as good of condition as I expected.

I am forced to forward to you the steering wheel assembly and the interior arm rests now without the sun visors, weatherstrip or the seat belts. I refuse to sell items if they are not in good condition. Unfortunately, I remembered the items that I envisioned for you to be in beter condition. Once verifying that they were not in as good condition and receiving the damaged parts back from Fedex Ground, I attempted to get the parts replaced out of my own pocket since I made the promise to you. I have received another set of sunvisors that were in terrible shape. The weatherstripping still has not come in and the 2 replacement seat belts are missing the circle tabs inset into the buckle.

Anyway, I hope to get these out to you soon with the reimbursement for the parts that I was unable to supply. I hope that you are able to find them in better condition that I was unable to find. I will do my best to contact you as soon as I am able to get it over to the facility. I have been counting on my wife to do so much in the past month or more that she has not been able to keep up.

My illness is no excuse for taking this long. I apologize for not following through and will reimburse you for your trouble.

Al Cano

Nothing since 11/17. I have called the cell number that I have and left messages and I have sent a number of emails....

I am on a budget and I can afford to buy these again...........

• Sponsors (?)

Well, all I can say is the last time I remember seeing/talking to him on the boards was like end of summer sometime, on a thread about radios. :shrug: While I have never dealt with him regarding a cash exchange, he has always seemed a pretty straight forward and honest guy, not that you can ever know for sure even when you've known someone personally for years, but I have to believe you are not intentionally being dooped. I would think being in law enforcement that you would have far greater resources than any of us could provide to you for resolving this issue though. If you sent him a payment and you know his address than I have to think that one towns police would do another towns police a solid and pay him a courtesy visit or something. :shrug:

EDIT: Actually his last activity was 12-01-04 at 05:04 PM , so he's been lurking just not posting since September if that helps.

Pakrat said:
Well, all I can say is the last time I remember seeing/talking to him on the boards was like end of summer sometime, on a thread about radios. :shrug: While I have never dealt with him regarding a cash exchange, he has always seemed a pretty straight forward and honest guy, not that you can ever know for sure even when you've known someone personally for years, but I have to believe you are not intentionally being dooped. I would think being in law enforcement that you would have far greater resources than any of us could provide to you for resolving this issue though. If you sent him a payment and you know his address than I have to think that one towns police would do another towns police a solid and pay him a courtesy visit or something. :shrug:

EDIT: Actually his last activity was 12-01-04 at 05:04 PM , so he's been lurking just not posting since September if that helps.

I paid through paypal so no address. I do have a name and birthday so he would be too hard to find. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I know he is getting my emails, and I know hes been online, he wont reply to me and let me know the status of the parts :bang:

DLFD911 said:
If you used a credit card through Paypal, then do a chargeback with your credit card company. I believe you have to report a bad transaction to Paypal within 30 days.

I paid with direct debit from my bank... I tried to file with paypal but its after the 30 days... He sent me the brakes within a few days... then about 2 weeks later the he gave me two tracking numbers one for the windsheild the other number for the rest of the stuff... of course the other tracking was no good, excuse was it was damaged. Lots of excuses but I believed him so I just kept waiting and waiting.... :bang:

I don't know how big a town Katy is and please don't take this as a cheap jab or anything because I would really like to help you here, but you don't seem like a very resourceful law enforcer to me. You really painted yourself into a corner with your payment choices, and honestly, how many Al Cano's can there possibly be living in Chicago Illinois born in the same year as him with a 67' Mustang registered to that city and state???? You have all that you really need shy of a map drawn to his house. Even if your job can't get you a favor at the Illinois DMV, the intenet has like a thousand "people search engines" available to narrow down the info, have you tried any of them?

Being a law officer I would think could also get you access to his registered info at Earthlink. Maybe you have already exhausted all these options and I am way over simplifying things but I'm just an ignorant civillian and I have to think that with a few hours invested online or on the phone that I could get farther than you have so far. :shrug: It sounds like you have put the benefit of the doubt out there long enough, so get agressive and pull out all the stops man, today's technology makes it awfully hard for people to hide these days.

ktgray said:
However, I am in the postion to no longer wait for the better parts I ordered for you to come in as the last set that I ordered did not come in as good of condition as I expected.

I refuse to sell items if they are not in good condition. Unfortunately, I remembered the items that I envisioned for you to be in beter condition. Once verifying that they were not in as good condition and receiving the damaged parts back from Fedex Ground, I attempted to get the parts replaced out of my own pocket since I made the promise to you. I have received another set of sunvisors that were in terrible shape. The weatherstripping still has not come in and the 2 replacement seat belts are missing the circle tabs inset into the buckle.

Al Cano

It sounds to me that he's selling used parts he does not have. I think he may be aquiring them on ebay and reselling them before he recieves them and got caught with his pants down when getting poor or no product from another seller. As we all know, sh** rolls down hill and you're at the bottom.

You can do a search for feedback on ebay if you have his email address. I put in his stangnet screen name and came up with nothing.

Hope this helps.

Pakrat said:
I don't know how big a town Katy is and please don't take this as a cheap jab or anything because I would really like to help you here, but you don't seem like a very resourceful law enforcer to me. You really painted yourself into a corner with your payment choices, and honestly, how many Al Cano's can there possibly be living in Chicago Illinois born in the same year as him with a 67' Mustang registered to that city and state???? You have all that you really need shy of a map drawn to his house. Even if your job can't get you a favor at the Illinois DMV, the intenet has like a thousand "people search engines" available to narrow down the info, have you tried any of them?

Being a law officer I would think could also get you access to his registered info at Earthlink. Maybe you have already exhausted all these options and I am way over simplifying things but I'm just an ignorant civillian and I have to think that with a few hours invested online or on the phone that I could get farther than you have so far. :shrug: It sounds like you have put the benefit of the doubt out there long enough, so get agressive and pull out all the stops man, today's technology makes it awfully hard for people to hide these days.

You are 100% correct.. My wife handled the payment through paypal. I was unaware that our CC wasn’t used. I am tired of the run around!! With the little information that I have I am sure I can find a location on him Cano is not a common name. I I know his wifes name is Michelle and there is a Michelle Cano in Villa Park IL. I am going to get aggressive to get these parts for my daughter. I just kept thinking with the last email on the 17th then the holiday... He’ll be back to me soon. But when I see that he’s online on the site and still hasn’t contact me..He has no intention of sending me the stuff...
Pretty soon Mr. Cano will wish that he just sent the parts!!!!!!!!!!!

krash kendall said:
It sounds to me that he's selling used parts he does not have. I think he may be aquiring them on ebay and reselling them before he recieves them and got caught with his pants down when getting poor or no product from another seller. As we all know, sh** rolls down hill and you're at the bottom.

You can do a search for feedback on ebay if you have his email address. I put in his stangnet screen name and came up with nothing.

Hope this helps.
he has sold some part on ebay -he really hasn't bought any his ebay address is conservative1too

thanks!!

WORTH said:
That phone # is a mobile pnone in Springfield,IL. , but I couldn't get a listing or address. And there is no Cano in Ill.

WORTH,
Thanks for the help. His wifes name is Michelle there is a listing in Villa Park Il I am not sure if this is close to springfield????

see if this helps:

Alvaro Cano
444 W Saint James Pl
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 975 - 0939

according to his profile here, he lives in chicago, and judging from his email he may not be a native, so the name fits.

another thought, you should have a return address on the package you did get from him, and if you've lost it you should be able to get it from FedEx

Villa Park is on the outskirts of Chicago, springfield is 200 miles away, Your villa park # may be correct.

The address you found for Michelle is about 20 miles from the one I found for Al. Hmmmmmmmm :D

good luck to you. sorry that happened.

do you go to the Sams street meet on saturday nights? the one at I-10 and Hwy 6??? Im there when I am home from college. If you ever need any help lemme know, I live 20 minutes from Katy when I am not at college.