Help putting in clutch!!!!!!

Ok im replacing my clutch right now and im running into some difficulties. I have mac longtube headers and they are seriously getting in the way. I can barely get the upper starter bolt and the more i look at it i dont think i will be able to get the bellhousing out without taking off the headers. has anyone ever done a clutch replacement with the tranny still in the car with longtubes? i know when i put the longtubes on it was a pain in the ass. it took me about 7 hours. the driver side isnt that bad at all i can get that one in and out with not problem. the passenger side is where i had to jack up the motor and take the motor mount off. will i have to take off the longtubes??? they need to be re-coated so it might be a good idea but the car is for sale and im jsut trying to get the clutch replaced so i can call it good. what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

you can get the starter out without messing with the LT's, but i think you need to loosen the headers and pull them to the side to get the bellhousing out. you don't have to take them out, just spread them apart.

if i remember right....take the tranny out w/ the bell housing still attached to motor (there will be like 4 3/4" bolts i think..but prob millimeter)...if you HAVE to remove the bell housing also...i'm pretty sure you can unbolt it and reotate it and remove it (kinda like pulling out a silencer..doesn't seem like it will go..but it eventually does??) been a couple years but i think that works