Help, spark plug wires melted misfire

ChasenRay

Apr 19, 2013
Hi guys,
I have a 95 gt with a 5.0 Cobra engine swap. My Clutch has been slipping lately and have had low funds to get it replaced. I have been baby'ing the thing to make it last longer but this isn't my issue. The other day I went out to grab some food and head to the shop to get a quote and when I turned on the car it sounded like a misfire and had an erratic idle. I checked the oil and it seemed low so I put in another quart because it was low, very low. When i accelerate it seems basically fine except the lack of power that is normal for my slipping clutch. I got it to the mechanic and he showed me my spark wire had cracked/melted to my headers and was arcing. I got new wires yesterday and realized that 3 on the right were completely shot. I thought that changing them woud fix the issue. I fired it up and it runs better but idles still very rough and almost turns off. Now what? I looked at the oil I had put in, its now a little overfilled. What should I do now? This is my only transportation please help!

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)