Help T45 stuck in reverse

96ninjaman

Jun 3, 2003
Maryland
Drove 2000 Mustang to work today and had no shifting problems. I stopped at the parts store around the corner still with no problems. Then when I backed into the driveway and tried to pull up the car got stuck in reverse. It's really stuck, I tried taking it out of gear both with the car on and off, but it wouldn't budge. I was almost afraid I was going to break something.

Please help!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I got it to come out of gear by coming out on the clutch enough to let it start creeping back while steadily trying to push it out of gear. I guess this would be a good time to install the new shifter that's in the trunk since I already took the cover off.

Thanks for the input. The car only has 25K miles on it, but I'm the second owner. The first was a State Police who seldom drove it. I did like the tranny in the 2001 much better, but I had to sale that one. I was miserable between Mustangs, so I guess dealing with a T-45 is better than not having a Mustang at all.

Shermie, I wasn't allowed to attach the picture. PM me with an email and I'll send you a couple of pictures.

96ninjaman said:
Thanks for the input. The car only has 25K miles on it, but I'm the second owner. The first was a State Police who seldom drove it. I did like the tranny in the 2001 much better, but I had to sale that one. I was miserable between Mustangs, so I guess dealing with a T-45 is better than not having a Mustang at all.

Shermie, I wasn't allowed to attach the picture. PM me with an email and I'll send you a couple of pictures.

That is TSB 01-23-5, I had mine fixed under warranty

New Fork assembly----F8ZZ-7230-DE
Nuts------------------------N800419-S301 (2)
New bearing assembly-FTOTZ-7025-B
Snap Ring-----------------F6ZZ-7030-A (6)
Ring Reverse-------------F6ZZ-7M133-A (3)
Mercon---------------------XT-5-QM (3 Quarts)

My stang STILL gets stuck in reverse. Dude it was a nightmare... it got stuck in reverse one day... took it to a tranny shop... it still gets stuck in reverse. It hasn't in awhile but yeah you just have to creep it backwards with the clutch half in and push it out.... really really really sucks.... which is why i want an 03 cobra :D