Help with 96 3.8

I have a 96 3.8 with a problem. The car shakes when running. Thought it was the clutch, because it was starting to have trouble shifting. Replaced the clutch assembly and flywheel. Had the flywheel balanced and still have the shaking. Tried the harmonic balancer, still the same thing. Anything else that I should look into? Could it be the ECM? A few years back, the check engine light came on and the code said it was a bad CO sensor. I replaced both down side sensors, only to have the light come on several hours after the replacement. I have replaced them several times, even with Motorcraft ones and still have the light on. The mechanic at my local garage is also stumped. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

The 4 digit code was what exactly?
There is no code for a bad you must mean O2 sensor (there is no carbon monoxide sensor)
Sounds like your car has a misfire hopefully not a dead hole
P0172 and P0174 Means You need to check the intake gaskets check the fuel pump pressure then possibly replace the HEGO's
Pinpoint test steps are needed possibly with a 105 pin breakout box. That gets ugly.
There are a few shortcuts if you have access to a NGS or pid reading scan tool
Yes it could be the ECM but uncommon on sequential like your '96
Check every injector with a noid light
Find a scan tool you can borrow and check the long and short fuel trim pids
Check all the HEGO pids Watch them switch (cycle) above and below .5volt quickly. They run in stereo and need to switch at the same rate or you get the CEL on
Report back

Great thing about 3.8's
They do not blow up
They do not burn oil
They do however burn valves
Transverse engine applications eat head gaskets
WynnPaul shoot compressed air into all 6 spark plug holes using a good compression tester
Check for air out the exhaust pipe or intake manifold see how much comes out the oil fill
The pistons need to be at or near TDC on their firing stroke with the valves closed for this test
Common for the rear two cylinders to burn exhaust valves on 3.8