Help With a Strange Noise

notsofat

Jun 30, 2004
I have a 94 GT with a 5 speed. It is making a sqweaking a noise that sounded like the belt. However it goes away when I push in the clutch pedal. If it were a bad throughout bearing, wouldn't it make the noise when the pedal was depressed? :shrug: Any ideas would be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

notsofat said:
I have a 94 GT with a 5 speed. It is making a sqweaking a noise that sounded like the belt. However it goes away when I push in the clutch pedal. If it were a bad throughout bearing, wouldn't it make the noise when the pedal was depressed? :shrug: Any ideas would be appreciated
Welcome to the board. Yes it is your TOB. Is it still the factory TOB or is it aftermarket?

:( Bad news, but at least now I know what it is. The car has 120k so I doubt it is original, but it looks stock. I hope it doesn't ge worse fast, because I don't really feel like pulling the transmission right away.

Thanks for your help :nice:

As a temporary fix I ratcheted back the self adjuster so that the clutch cable has more slack. This way the bearing only squeaks when I first put my foot on the clutch pedal. As I continue to push the pedal all the way the noise stops. Is it ok to leave it adjusted this way, or will I cause some other problem? :shrug: