help with braided stainless fuel lines

91phoenix

Sep 9, 2007
My old solid fuel lines are corroded and I wnat to replace them from the tank to fuel rails. Any recommendations on line size for supply and return, -6 return and -8 supply? How can I attach to stock pickup from tank? I will probably use the Russell spring lock connectors to attach to fuel rails. Any help is much appreciated. I need to chang over before I get any leaks.

• Sponsors (?)

It will cost you a lot more then the $200 for a braided set-up, you will have to braze fittings on to your pump pick-up to allow the use of a braided line if your using a in tank set-up. I would use a -6 supply on a stock set-up....

Look at the alum lines, you can buy it in coils and bend them however you want, you can even find high pressure fittings...

Check the flare fitting angle on any Russell or AN type fittings. Automotive flare fittings are 45 degree and you can get the flaring tools for less than $25 at Home Depot, Lowes or Ace Hardware.

The fancy red & blue AN and high pressure hydraulic flare fittings use a 37 degree flare. The flaring tool prices start at $81 and go up from there. A standard automotive or household plumbing tool is 45 degrees and cannot be used with AN flare fittings. If you do, the flare is subjected to too much stress when the fitting is tightened, and is likely to fail or leak.

See Industrial Supply Equipment from MSC Industrial Supply , McMaster-Carr or for the flaring tool you will need .

Browse the MSC Big Book
View attachment 265303

McMaster-Carr
2721ap1s.gif

For stainless steel braided hose and fittings for automotive use:

See summitracing.com

stainless steel hose - JEGS High Performance

See Eaton's Aeroquip Products for more information on High performance automotive hose products