Help with Cold Air Kit Install parts

UpRise_5.0

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2002
Canada
Hey,

I might be buying a 1994 GT off a buddy soon. The previous owner put a Cold Air Fenderwell Kit into it, looks like a MAC unit. Anyways he never hooked it up properly. Where it should bolt to the fenderwell the whole unit is loose. You can just move it around nothing it holding it in place, besides it being stuck in the fenderwell. I have included pictures below.

Now my question is what do I need to do to hook it up properly so its bolted in? What parts do I need and where do they go?

Thanks

2eocioj.jpg

308icsz.jpg

2ykj66u.jpg

View attachment 389032

• Sponsors (?)

For the top, just use a big washer and put that screw already in the fender holding it on. That screw on mine fell out a while back though.
And for the bottom, they are some things that just pop in and out. If they arent there then the CAI wall will move about. Some CAI kits dont come with them. Mine didnt, but a member on here sent his extras to me.

also your missing that little tube that goes from that open nipple to the oil filler on the valve cover

Thanks for the info. This my buddy's car so I'm trying to save it as he has forsaken it for his old 1990 5.0 HB. So don't worry if I get it will get cleaned up.

In the picture below is where I circled in yellow where the the hose goes from the air intake to the oil filler? Is the oil filler the connection ontop of the valve cover? I'm new to 1994-95 Stangs. Anyone know how long a hose you need?

2woastx.jpg

I think you got it. On a normal CAI, that breather line (oil filler to air intake) is super duper convoluted (like a switchback mountain road). You might have to get creative to make a non-molded hose work.

2woastx-vi.jpg

yup the stick hose looks like what i did in blue

and that shield gets held in at the top by a bolt where i put the red dot

and the green dots there should be two push in type holders. they get pused down into the rubber grouments that held the stock airbox inplace

stealership, junkyard :shrug: they should already be in your car unless someone removed them

I'm not really sure where they got lost along the way. I don't know if the previous owner took them out or if it was me :shrug: The dealership by me said that they could not get them. Said they were discontinued. I was just curious if there was anywhere like 50 resto or something that someone had seen them. I've looked around but haven't seen them anywhere myself.

my c&l CAI dosent use a bracket at all so i think with just the top bolt you should be fine i wouldn't stress about it.... i also used the black stock hose from the intake to the fill neck....it seems like the car would run goofy with all that air excaping ... i dont know though