Help with Fox Body Stereo

• Sponsors (?)

i forgot who.. but there is a plug and play kit basically thats made for foxbodys.. plug the harness in.. and plug it into the aftermarket radio.. other than that its a piece of cake.. i take mine out in 1 min all the time

yeah go to best buy or any stereo shop ask for a line converter, tap it into your rear speakers that will give you an rca output to attach to your amp.

I assume you just want some subzz in there correct?

if you didn't know already....to remove the stock head bend two pieces of metal coat hanger in "U"s wide enough to fit into the openings on the sides of your stock head unit. Slide one U into each side and then push them both outwards simultaneously and your headunit should pop out.

Also, if you use a wiring kit that has to be soldered to the harness that comes with your aftermarket headunit and you have the premium sound package, you will need to bypass the factory amp or else you will plug in your headunit and find that you're not getting any sound. To bypass it all you have to do is find the other set of plugs that are on the other side of the amp (going into it). Just tuck the ones that you unplugged the stock unit from away because you won't need them at all.

Most Fox's were amplified, so it would probably actually be a Metra 80-1771 harness. I work at Circuit City in the Roadshop (car audio), so i deal with this all the time. The radio will be a piece of cake to take out and put a new one in. I'd personally go somewhere that sells Metra kits and harnesses cause they fit so much better than scosche.

BTW- If you want the amp to be bypassed, then yes, the 80-1770 harness will work, you just have to find where it is plugged into the amp behind the radio. Sorry for any confusion.