Help with gear ratio

JD’s Red Stang

Jun 2, 2021
NH
I am starting on a build. To start off with I know the sn95 is not the fastes out there but it’s the one I like. Now that’s out of the way, I have a 98 GT, I am going back and forth on deciding between 3.55’s or 3.73’s. I have the T45 and just have a bama tune and LT,orh, mufflers, cai. I am building a 4.9 stroker so I’m concentrating on getting everything else right as far as gears and suspension while that’s getting done. I am going back and forth deciding on either 3.55’s or 3.73’s. I do a moderate amount of high way driving, so I am really trying to figure out what to do.

• Sponsors (?)

If you do a lot of highway driving you may like 3.55s better for fuel mileage and noise. If your just going to be romping around in the car and not daily driving it I’d say 3.73. When I drive mine to work it’s 88mi round trip on the highway. I wish I had 3.55s over my 3.73s. Once the Ti trim goes on I may end up making the switch. It’s all a matter of personal preference.

Reactions: 1 user
If you do a lot of highway driving you may like 3.55s better for fuel mileage and noise. If your just going to be romping around in the car and not daily driving it I’d say 3.73. When I drive mine to work it’s 88mi round trip on the highway. I wish I had 3.55s over my 3.73s. Once the Ti trim goes on I may end up making the switch. It’s all a matter of personal preference.
My friend is deciding between 3.55 and 3.73 as well. It will be a DD so I guess he should consider the 3.55. We'll just finish installing the bumper and jeep winches on the Wrangler before we can start working on the Mustang.