HELP

2007HURST

Oct 7, 2020
USA
So I have a 2007 GT that makes a creaking sound coming from driver side when I press on the brake (while in park or stopped for any reason). I had the brakes checked at Jiffy Lube (probably first mistake) and to my surprise they were fine, the front were worn more than the back though. The techs at Jiffy Lube were not able to tell me what the issue was. There is also a popping sound that comes from the front end when I am turning to the right. I am at a loss as to what this could be because everything in the front end looks to be in good shape. Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hello..... Jiffy Mix...... Hmmmmmmmm

Welcome and Welcome and Welcome to Stangnet. Here you will find multiple discussions contained with useless information about bathrooms, digging ditches, someone who makes "Peckerwood Projects", and a guy who is forever going to be a NOOBZ

Here is where the 07 people find their best information:

Just a note. All front pads will wear faster than the rear, most of the time you can go through 2 sets of pads in the front to 1 set in the rear because the stopping power is in the front.

Creaking Noise...... Not the brakes probably. I would be looking at the Tie Rod Ends and the Ball Joints. That is where most of the "Popping" and "Creaking" will come from.

Reactions: 1 user
I need somebody
(Help!) not just anybody
(Help!) you know I need someone
Help!
I never needed anybody's help in any way
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured (but now these days are gone)
(And now I find) Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors
Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me?
And now my life has changed in oh so many ways (and now my life has changed)
My independence seems to vanish in the haze
But every now and then I feel so insecure (I know that I)
I know that I just need you like I've never done before
Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the…

kiddiccarus; thanks for the response. So the creaking noise was literally heard when my car was sitting in the bay at Jiffy Lube and the tech was getting ready to pull it out and park it. He pressed on the brakes and the front driver side sounded horrible and he did that several times to make sure it was coming from the front driver side and to see if it did it every time and it did. The caliper was mentioned as possibly being the issue but as for the popping noise, still not sure of what that could be because the tie rod ends and ball joints looked to be in good condition... I will check out the 2005-2014 S-197 Mustang General Talk that you mentioned. Thank you very much!

I chased a brake issue that was grabbing and making me ditch dive to the right when braking and then the opposite way when releasing. Turned out to be a frozen ball joint that was the issue and I only looked at that when the other side was so creaky that it sounded like a Halloween rocking chair at every stop.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 user