Here It Is: Uncamouflaged!

Or with the lights and no front plate.

Attachments

• no plate.jpg
    no plate.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 368
  • Sponsors (?)

rhumbline said:
Hopefully not the Dumbo-ear side scoops of the SN95 nor its J.C. Whitney-class hood scoop (both totally non-functionally and totally tacked on looking).

If the S197 does have FUNCTIONAL scoops more like the Concept car, then I might be more amenable but otherwise, I am much more for a clean look that relies on the strengths of its basic shapes, proportions and lines rather than festooning on a bunch of juvenile and clichéd "performance" geegaws for the gullible and tasteless.

Same with that rear spoiler Ford seems compelled to lash on to any "performance" car, real or pretend. The real performance car's ought not to need such trite tripe to holler their intent to the mouth-breathers of the world and as for pretend (tape and stripe) performance cars, all the cheap ornaments in the world won't make them go 1 mph faster, or look any better, never mind what it does to erode Ford's styling honesty and credibility.

But enough venting. Overall, this picture looks quite good, aside for that aforementioned, and hopefully deletable rear spoiler. It does come together better than the earlier spy photos indicated and is certainly a much better rendered, integrated and executed design than the SN95. There are also those odd little spats or whatever for and aft of the bottom of the door, where'd they come from? Now if only the designers can resist the bleatings of the plaid-suited marketeering types to slab on all sorts of "performance" buffoonery and cheapen the new car's clean, new look...

I'm with you man. That was the best post in StangNet history.
:rlaugh:

Although a rear wing could be functional...

anyone out there claiming to be a mustang lover that doesnt like that car should be shot...it is freaking beautiful! The front end is so 60's its not even funny, by far the best looking mustang since the 70's.

tylers65 said:
OMFG!

This is the EXACT SAME CAR that everyone says they hate! Now you all love it? So which is it?

I truly wish everyone would make up their minds.
I can't speak for anyone else but I said I liked the front end even on the de cammoed spy shots. I did not like the rear end so much. Something we can't see here and I have already said in this thread that's something that I need to see.
So this "everyone" still has their mind made up that I like it for the most part and want to see how it looks from the rear to say 100% yea or nay. And honestly if somebody says they don't like it one day and then sees a shot of it the next day they do like it's their perogative to waffle back and forth on wether they like it or not. In the end the choice is up to them so long as they aren't crying bloody murder either way I don't see the harm.
All in good fun of course.

And maniac the only reason I questioned the validity of this is because I wouldn't mind the car looking that way and I don't want to get my hopes up if it's not true. I'm not questioning Brad(something you seem to relish doing) I just question whether his source is being forth right and honest. Bama isn't presenting this as if it's 100% DEFINATELY the real car. He's doing what a lot of people with privleged info do that don't want to sit on it for no reason. He's saying hey I have a source that says they got this pic I don't know if it's legit or not but here it is. There's not a single thing wrong with that.

Omegalock said:
I can't speak for anyone else but I said I liked the front end even on the de cammoed spy shots. I did not like the rear end so much. Something we can't see here and I have already said in this thread that's something that I need to see.
So this "everyone" still has their mind made up that I like it for the most part and want to see how it looks from the rear to say 100% yea or nay. And honestly if somebody says they don't like it one day and then sees a shot of it the next day they do like it's their perogative to waffle back and forth on wether they like it or not. In the end the choice is up to them so long as they aren't crying bloody murder either way I don't see the harm.
All in good fun of course.

And maniac the only reason I questioned the validity of this is because I wouldn't mind the car looking that way and I don't want to get my hopes up if it's not true. I'm not questioning Brad(something you seem to relish doing) I just question whether his source is being forth right and honest. Bama isn't presenting this as if it's 100% DEFINATELY the real car. He's doing what a lot of people with privleged info do that don't want to sit on it for no reason. He's saying hey I have a source that says they got this pic I don't know if it's legit or not but here it is. There's not a single thing wrong with that.
you gotta to understand that this is the same forum that questioned the official photos of the inst. cluster. they went on for pages saying it might be illegit. only when bama told them its at SEMA as they speak.

rhumbline said:
Hopefully not the Dumbo-ear side scoops of the SN95 nor its J.C. Whitney-class hood scoop (both totally non-functionally and totally tacked on looking).

If the S197 does have FUNCTIONAL scoops more like the Concept car, then I might be more amenable but otherwise, I am much more for a clean look that relies on the strengths of its basic shapes, proportions and lines rather than festooning on a bunch of juvenile and clichéd "performance" geegaws for the gullible and tasteless.

Same with that rear spoiler Ford seems compelled to lash on to any "performance" car, real or pretend. The real performance car's ought not to need such trite tripe to holler their intent to the mouth-breathers of the world and as for pretend (tape and stripe) performance cars, all the cheap ornaments in the world won't make them go 1 mph faster, or look any better, never mind what it does to erode Ford's styling honesty and credibility.

But enough venting. Overall, this picture looks quite good, aside for that aforementioned, and hopefully deletable rear spoiler. It does come together better than the earlier spy photos indicated and is certainly a much better rendered, integrated and executed design than the SN95. There are also those odd little spats or whatever for and aft of the bottom of the door, where'd they come from? Now if only the designers can resist the bleatings of the plaid-suited marketeering types to slab on all sorts of "performance" buffoonery and cheapen the new car's clean, new look...

First off i agree that the scoops should only be there if funcional on the hoot. Second of all if you dont like the spoiler that is why it is called an option you dont have to have it. I personally thing spoilers make most cars look better and finish out the shape of the car. Therefore i will get on on n e car i buy granted anything above 6 inches is ricey